You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Wantable is looking for a smart, proven individual with experience in data science in an e-commerce setting. A successful candidate will be someone who has had prior experience applying recommendation systems in a business context, is self-driven and can craft a project from start to finish, and is interested in having impact in all facets of the business.
- Design, develop and maintain software solutions to business problems such as warehouse optimization, inventory flow, product recommendation, fraud detection, and more, using machine learning or statistical modeling.
- Collaborate with both business and engineering teams.
- Be a primary source for verification of data insights for the business.
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO, Technical Co-Founder, and Lead Data Scientist.
Required Education and Skills:
- Experience with various types of recommendation algorithms, such as but not limited to collaborative/content/hybrid/graph-based systems, and evaluating those systems with business-aligned metrics.
- Experience in Python and/or R.
- Interest in cross-disciplinary research and understanding potential applications to our own problems.
- Real world experience developing, deploying and managing training models and API endpoints on cloud based infrastructure (DigitalOcean/AWS/etc.).
- Able to weigh and understand the trade-offs between model complexity, API responsiveness, memory constraints, etc. when implementing solutions into a production environment.
- Proficiency in SQL.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Statistics, or other related field.
- Ability to thrive and problem solve independently but know when to ask for help.
Nice To Haves:
- Experience in fashion/clothing e-commerce.
- Experience with ETL or feature stores.
About Wantable Engineering:
- We’re a relatively small but growing team.
- We love both cats and dogs equally.
- We’re generally a build-over-buy technology focused group that has built, maintains, and manages all of Wantable's homegrown software solutions to solve the business needs.
- We work in reasonable weekly sprints; following an agile process.
- New/emerging technologies, modern techniques, and finding new solutions excite us the most.
- We’re hard workers but we don’t let that get in the way of having a good time.
- We make a consistent and meaningful impact on the direction and health of the business.
- We believe in transforming the way that people shop through a combination of technology and experienced stylists.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Daily attendance is necessary.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Wantable team members local to Milwaukee enjoy free food, coffee, and drink in our HQ's beautiful new Wantable Cafe. We have a laid-back, casual environment in a state-of-the-art new HQ.
We offer flexible schedules, paid parental leave (mothers AND fathers), and a private room for nursing mothers when working from Wantable's HQ.
Even more exciting: paid vacation and six and a half paid holidays per year, plus a 50% discount on all merchandise. You’ll be eligible for the discount on your first day.
Important, but maybe less thrilling: we offer medical (traditional and high deductible), dental, and vision insurance, as well as a 401K (both pre-tax and Roth options). When working from HQ, have ample parking, and if you take the bus we’ll fully reimburse your fare receipts.
- Business Requirements
- Cloud Computing
- Data Science
- E Commerce
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g35epiu
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.