Accelerate Your Career
Drive global technology
With more than $2 billion in revenues, CDK Global is a leading global provider of integrated information technology and digital marketing solutions to the automotive retail and adjacent industries. Focused on enabling end-to-end automotive commerce, CDK provides solutions to dealers in more than 100 countries around the world, serving approximately 28,000 retail locations and most automotive manufacturers. CDK Global solutions automate and integrate critical processes from pre-sale targeted advertising to the sale, financing, insurance, parts supply, repair and maintenance of vehicles, with an increasing focus on utilizing data analytics and predictive intelligence.
We’re large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organization where every person matters. You can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of what career you decide to pursue.
From data scientists to sales and client service experts, we’re hiring to support your growth and ours - Green light your career.
The Director, OEM Sales is charged with and responsible for growing revenue from Automotive OEM accounts. A successful Director will have revenue growth of $5 to $10 M annually depending on the assigned OEM accounts. The primary purpose of this role is to meet sales projections through professional diligence in meeting the needs of the OEM, maintaining complete OEM satisfaction, and applying sound sales and marketing strategies to generate new business and grow revenue.
Position Responsibilities & Essential functions
- In conjunction with the VP, OEM Sales formulates strategies for strengthening assigned accounts and maximizing the company's potential to establish business partnerships with the OEM.
- Is responsible for developing, maintaining, and implementing account plans that contain the strategies and action plans for maximizing the value of the account.
- Directly responsible for gathering, analyzing, and developing OEM profiles that reveal the following:
- Providing specific information relative to programs being implemented that effect sales of CDK products and services to the OEM's dealers.
- Identifies unique problems relative to the OEM, including biases and concerns of individual decision makers and key influential parties.
- Identifies the OEM's specific goals, needs, and special issues of interest.
- Strives to systematically build relationships with members of the OEM's power base and in particular with C-level executives at the OEM account.
- Enhance and position CDK for prime opportunities by pre-selling the company's capabilities and solutions, and gathering information that will make the company's approach better than the competitor's approaches.
- Conduct pro-active contract negotiations that will result in achieving a "win-win" outcome for both parties.
- Works diligently to meet assigned revenue growth targets and subsequently maintains profit margins as set forth by Senior Management.
- Provides proposal development oversight to help in creating offers that represent a maximum affordable value to the OEM and ensures that the proposal addresses the OEM's key issues, needs, and requirements.
- Continuously monitors OEM satisfaction and communicates the OEM's concerns to those who serve the OEM. Additionally provides reciprocal feedback to assure the OEM of CDK's commitment to fully meet their needs.
- Seeks to facilitate future business with the OEM by helping the OEM define new opportunities.
- Coordinates the efforts of all parties that are to provide service to the OEM to ensure that a company-wide synergistic approach is provided to satisfy the OEM account.
- Coordinates sales activities with the VP, OEM Sales.
- Reports status of assigned OEM account issues to the VP, OEM Sales on an ongoing basis.
- Maintains a high state of integrity and professionalism in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Performs all other duties assigned by the VP, OEM Sales.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Prefer a minimum of two years of large account executive sales experience with a technology related company and calling on the automotive industry.
- 4 year college degree with a Marketing or Business focus is preferred, or equivalent experience
- Must have Automotive Retail experience, ideally 3-5 years, and/or must have 5-7 years of outside B2B sales/including new business development selling within or to the Auto vertical at a minimum of 80% of the time
- Enterprise sales experience with past responsibility for 8-figure revenue growth in a single year
- Experience developing strong relationships at the C-levels of large enterprise accounts
- Knowledge of automotive, finance/insurance and technology industries strongly preferred
- Ability to travel approximately 75% or more is required
PREFERRED ATTRIBUTES & Qualifications
- Use of analytical, organization, and observation skills that demonstrate the ability to grasp concepts or needs, and organize, implement and manage programs/solutions.
- Must demonstrate leadership in all areas of responsibility.
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
Business To Business