Job ID: 161726
APAC Mississippi, Inc, an Oldcastle company is a great place to work! We have great employees that have been with us many years – and hope that that track record of longevity shows the pride we take in being one of the best places to work in Mississippi! Come join our team – where you will receive vacation, retirement and many other great benefits!
DOT- Trailer Truck Driver
Do you want to work for a company that values your skills? Do you want to work for a company that values safety above all else? Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then Oldcastle Materials is the company for you! Apply for the truck driver position today and jumpstart your career with the Oldcastle Materials family.
Job Description Summary
The selected candidate will be required to work in a team environment with other co-workers and managers.
• Properly follow all company policies and procedures for safe working procedures and environment.
• Report any problems to your manager.
• Perform daily pre/post trip inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with DOT guidelines and company policies.
• Obey applicable laws and follow dispatch instructions.
• Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle.
• Load and unload equipment or materials. Depending on materials hauled, may require unloading of contents by hand or shovel.
• Assure product quality to the best of the driver’s ability.
• Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer major problems to the Foreman.
• Must keep truck in a clean and orderly condition.
• Operator will be responsible for a safe work environment for themselves and co-workers.
• When working with co-workers, constant eye contact will be maintained when backing, communicating using hand signals or other movements.
• Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
• Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
• Assist in training less–experienced employees on the proper operations, servicing and repair of equipment to further their abilities.
• Perform general labor duties with a paving crew when necessary.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
• Pass DOT pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
• Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
• Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
• Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
• Be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
• Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
• Report to work at the designated start time.
• Be able to work overtime when required.
• Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
• Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
• Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
• Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
• Maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements, i.e., CDL, Class A and/or B driver
- Distributor position requires HazMat/Tanker endorsement
• Have a MVR that meets company standards.
• Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
• Previous related experience in construction field is preferred.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Materials South Division is a part of Oldcastle Materials, Inc., the third-largest aggregates and ready mixed concrete producer, and the number one asphalt producer in the United States. The South Division consists of three regions: Appalachian Materials, Midsouth Materials & Preferred Materials. Companies operate in the states of Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia, with limited operations in Georgia and South Carolina.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn!
APAC Mississippi s an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
APAC Mississippi is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Personal Protective Equipment
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)
Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)