To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
- Adam Beaton
- Phone: 2059955382
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
TEKsystems, Inc • Birmingham, AL
Posted 1 month ago
One of TEKsystems' customers is looking for an experienced Java Developer to bring on to their team! This customer offers excellent compensation, upward mobility, and professional development.
***Please find additional information about the position below***
This person will be programming in Java and web services. One of the main projects they are working on is a platform modernization project - they are moving from Struts & Ibatis to Spring/Hibernate. This person maybe involved with the Java development pieces of this project.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Designs, develops, tests and performs maintenance on Line-of-Business Software Applications applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering and mathematical analysis. Works closely with Software Architects in the definition of solutions. May work independently on tactical assignments and in the development of sub-system components.
1. Analyzes and defines functional, non-functional and business requirements for software development. Mentors development staff in the art of requirements gathering.
2. Designs and develops complex software applications and model relational databases both independently as well as in a team.
3. Demonstrated understanding of software applications and infrastructure architecture through unit production implementations.
5. Writes unit tests and performs integration testing to ensure high quality applications that meet business requirements. Mentors development staff in the art of test-driven development.
6. Maintains an understanding of various deployment methods and tools and writes scripts and/or procedures for efficient processes.
7. Utilizes an understanding of systems, database and networking with cross-over skills to assist the design and implementation of these in custom solutions.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Master's degree and 2 years of experience. Those with a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related area of study and a minimum of 5 years of experience may be considered.
2. Ability to articulate Object Oriented Concepts and have experience with Software development Life Cycle.
3. Competency in various tools and frameworks such as Eclipse, Struts, JSF, Grails, Foundations used by the customer as specified for the position.
4. Proven record of new application development and the ability to perform independently and/or leading small teams.
5. Proven support and maintenance of software applications and cross-training of other on named solutions.
6. Quickly develops and maintains insurance knowledge in topics such as Policies, Claims and Products as well as business knowledge in Operations, Finance and Marketing/Sales
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.