Dallas Regional Office
3001 Dallas Parkway
Frisco, TX 75034
Want to help customers when they need us the most?
The feeling is mutual.
Utilize a wide range of tools, conduct timely and thorough investigations, obtaining all information needed to compile an evaluation of claim liability and damage
Navigate applicable policies and research coverage. Develop and apply a working understanding of laws, regulations and emerging issues that impact the assigned territory
Thoroughly update the claim file with key documents, findings and developments
Educate customers, vendors and other involved parties throughout the claims process
Negotiate with attorneys and other parties, in good faith, to ensure fair and equitable claims settlements
This role works from home most of the time, but will require in-person meetings in our Dallas Regional Office, at management discretion, as well as, other fieldwork to support claim investigation and resolution
Maintain licenses in designated states and complete continuing education as needed for compliance
Deliver extraordinary customer service at every touchpoint throughout the claims process
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 1 year experience adjusting bodily injury claims is preferred, which includes developing competencies in the areas of:
- Investigations / Evaluations
- Medical knowledge & terminology
- Case Strategy & Litigation Management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated customer service experience
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze and solve problems
- Strong organizational skills
- Mobility not currently required, but is preferred and may enable increased opportunities for career advancement
- Be able to drive up to 4 hours per day and possess a valid driver’s license
Perks and Benefits
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
- Generous leave programs, including paid parental bonding leave
- Medical, dental, vision coverage, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance
- Generous retirement benefits
- Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing company
Amica Mutual Insurance Company is America’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles. A direct national writer, Amica also offers home, marine and umbrella insurance. Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary, provides life insurance and retirement solutions. Amica was founded on the principles of creating peace of mind and building enduring relationships for and with our exceptionally loyal policyholders, a mission that thousands of employees in offices nationwide share and support.
Equal Opportunity Policy: All qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the United States will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, ethnicity, age, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, mental condition, military status, genetic information or any other class protected by law. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are 40 years of age or older. Employees are subject to the provisions of the Workers' Compensation Act.
- Verbal Communication