Kelly IT is looking for a Desktop Support Specialist for a contract to hire position in Torrance, CA!
The Desktop Support Specialist individual is responsible to deliver quality customer service to computer users by providing a single point of contact to report Information Technology problems or inquiries. Provide numerous levels of support via phone and desk side. Rotating role between desk side support and provide technical support in the configuration, installation, and maintenance of desktop systems and peripherals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation for disabilities may be made for one or more of the following:
Support Organization staff by defining specific end-user desktop requirements and resolving desktop problems (includes PC hardware, PC software, peripherals, and digital desktop phones)
- Prioritization of trouble tickets/work orders
- Document trouble tickets in detail
- Provide status to customers of assigned tickets
- Install and configure desktop hardware and software in accordance with published policies
- Perform asset management activities of tracking software licenses and desktop usage.
- Requisition additional software licenses and hardware (PC s, printers, scanner, phones, and components) in accordance with published guidelines
- Coordinate and perform following employee transition activities o Configuration and installation of phone sets
- Configure and deploy desktop systems.
- Create & disable user accounts
- Maintain remote access accounts as necessary.
- Provide A/V support as necessary, to include o Installation of laptops & projectors.
- Installation of PowerPoint presentations.
- Set up and operation of video cameras
- Installation & configuration of video teleconferencing systems
- Provide technical project support, as necessary.
- Provide excellent customer service, via phone and in person, concerning all aspects of technology provided by the IT Department.
- Record all customer contacts, questions, and problems.
- Document the impact to the customer, and assign appropriate priority
- Conduct first level problem determination using documented procedures and available tools.
- Record problem symptoms and status information in a timely fashion, and communicate internally within the IT department and externally with the customer through resolution.
- Act as customer advocate/liaison with other supporting staff.
- Initiate escalation as appropriate to ensure management awareness of problems that are severe in nature or that are exceeding documented targets.
- Perform metrics reporting as necessary.
- Provide Level 1 support, and assist Level 2 support as appropriate.
- Provide day-to-day service delivery, and work on other projects as assigned.
- Provide on-call support, as needed, after work hours and on weekends.
- Assist in the development of Information Technology policies and procedures.
- Adhere to Information Technology policies and procedures.
- Perform as a cross functional resource, as needed, for other quality team members such as test planning, test reports, shippers, lab calibration and raw material approval
- Must interface with all levels of the organization, including customers and vendors.
- Other duties and tasks, as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED with some college or equivalent related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years experience in processing, desktop support and resolving calls for technical support
- Microsoft certification desirable and/or equivalent experience.
Please visit the Kelly Career Network for more opportunities!
Kelly IT Services is a leading IT staffing firm, providing employers with the best candidates & job-seekers with IT career opportunities.
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around
the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative and high-
visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities
will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™
companies, and more than 3,000 IT hiring managers turn to us each year to access the best talent:
people like you.
Last year we found 8,000 opportunities for IT professionals. Let us help advance your career
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. URL blocked - click to apply
Server (Computer Science)