Looking for a new career? Do you have excellent customer service skills? If so, we will train the rest. PAID TRAINING! You should apply – even if you don’t match every single requirement! We're known as an auto glass company. That's the focus of what we do. But beyond the glass, we're so much more. We'll help you build a fulfilling career and encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you'll ever work.
The Repair Specialist, which we hire year-round and seasonally, performs vehicle glass repairs whenever a glass replacement is not required. Our paid, formal training program teaches everything needed to complete these specialized repairs, regardless of any prior mechanical experience.
- This position will receive a $2/hour pay enhancement from May 9th – July 30th, 2022
What You’ll Get
- Competitive weekly base pay starts at $17.50/hour.
- A benefits package valued at more than $10k*. This includes a 401(k) plan with company matching, medical coverage plans customized to suit your needs, and a commitment to work/life balance through our paid time off (PTO) programs, company holidays, and paid volunteer days.
- Up to $5,250 annually in tuition reimbursement.
- Paid training and all the tools and resources you'll need to be successful.
- View all our health, wealth, and life offerings at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Repair Specialist 1.
What You’ll Do
- Learn to repair vehicle glass (in the classroom and hands-on) with a focus on the Safelite Way of Fitting under the guidance of experienced technicians and Safelite leaders.
- Repair chips, cracks, and other auto glass-related issues on customer vehicles.
- Manage work orders, customer documentation, and customer communication through the Safelite handheld Mobile Resource Management (MRM) technology.
- Clean customer vehicle during wait/idle time during the repair process as well as perform additional housekeeping tasks in company vehicle and shop.
- Safely and professionally operate a company fleet vehicle to and from customer locations.
- All other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need
- High School Diploma/GED/Equivalent required.
- Valid state-issued driver’s license required.
- On-the-job training/completion of Safelite SafeTech™ certification.
- The ability to operate a Safelite van, following all safety, cleanliness policies, traffic laws, and maintaining a safe driving record.
- Flexibility with hours and days trained/worked, as workloads fluctuate.
- Comfort working outside in a variety of weather conditions.
- Present a professional appearance and wear personal protective equipment.
- Physical requirements: lifting and carrying up to 75 lbs. for short periods, working at elevated heights, remaining on your feet for extended periods.
- Customer Service
- Defensive Driving
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Resource Management
- Work Orders