To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Salisbury, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Apex Systems • Salisbury, MD
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
NOC Surveillance Engineer
Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest IT Staffing firm, has an opportunity for a mid-senior level NOC Surveillance Engineer to support the Network Operations Center with duties such as: supervise daily tasks/escalations, develop processes and procedures, manage relationship between vendors, and develop/implement service request processes for hardware installations. This is a short-term contract supporting an enterprise 24x7 organization. This contract is very high urgency, and has potential to extend with a salary range of 40-55K depending on experience. Additional perks of the position include training opportunities, including technical training, a flexible schedule, and benefits.
If interested, please email a resume to Amanda at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
About the company and team:
The NOC Surveillance Engineer will be a key member of a 24x7, 7 person team, and report to the Network and Operations manager. Their team members play a crucial role in the company’s success, and are responsible for monitoring the network and resolving tickets.
Responsibilities of NOC Surveillance Engineer:
- Help to support a 2-shift operations staff that monitors all network elements, perform / manage routine support, perform routine maintenance, problem observation and escalation functions.
- Develop processes and procedures for the effective and efficient operation of the hardware, software and environmental hardware and software.
- Responsible for all Network related vendors, including trouble tickets, maintaining working relationships and to ensure all Service Level Agreements are sustained.
- Interface on regular intervals with Telco contacts to ensure that proper procedure is being followed and that all escalation is being met in a timely matter.
- Develop and implement service request process for installations (add, changes, deletes) for Routers, Switches, AP’s and other equipment as defined.
- Manage up to 10 direct reports on the Network Operations Center Team.
- Prepare, maintain and participate in all Disaster Recovery by providing either needed resource for a particular drill or management expertise in the drill.
Requirements of NOC Surveillance Engineer:
- Experience in either NOC, IT, Help Desk Management, or Data Center
- 3+ Years Cisco LAN/WAN
- 5+ Years related network engineering
- Cisco certification highly desired
- Orion Solarwinds a plus**
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.