To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
295 Lillard Drive
Sparks, NV 89434
- Fort Dearborn Company
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Fort Dearborn Company • Sparks, NV
Posted 1 month ago
Fort Dearborn Company is a leader in printed labels for the consumer products industry. Join Fort Dearborn and you will have the opportunity to become part of an organization that is committed to excellence and industry leadership for almost 100 years. Our ability to effectively manage the diverse needs of our customer base has been developed through aggressive capital investment and selective acquisitions. Fort Dearborn has the financial strength and established infrastructure to offer our associates a challenging and rewarding careers with opportunity for growth.
The Plant Controller protects the assets of Fort Dearborn Company though the direction of the financial activities of the FDC facility. Ensures that all transactions are compliant with all legal requirements minimizing FDC liability. Provides daily support and added value to the Finance Organization and the facility. Performs all functions of talent management of department employees in accordance with company policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts monthly closing of financials for the facility
- Reconciles appropriate balance sheet and conducts operating financial analysis.
- Provides financial reporting to General Manager
- Conducts vouchering for accounts payable, billing and receivables
- Manages inventory control
- Conducts budgeting and forecasting
- Monitors fixed assists
- Applies cost accounting and production standards to taxes, property, sales and accumulation of Sales Tax Exemptions.
- Prepares reports for regulatory agencies.
- Hires, trains and develops staff
- Interacts effectively with IT, HR, Customer Service and Operations.
- Trains, coaches and mentors people. Ensures subordinates support related initiatives for their employees in accordance with company personnel management policies.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications - Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Management is required; Master's degree preferred.
- Requires 4-10 years of progressively responsible corporate accounting experience.
- Expert knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles is required.
- Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be able to read, analyze and interpret reports.
- Must be able to define a problem, collect data and apply common sense to solve the problem with little or no guidance.
- The employee is required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear.
- The employee must be able to use his hands to reach, type, write and move objects.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Vision requirements are close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must comply with established facility safety policies and procedures.
- Interacts and behaves professionally. Treats all associates respectfully and professionally while maintaining company code of ethics.
- May be asked to travel approximately 10% of the time.