As a Field Engineer II, you will be the primary and lead engineer on the Project, and report directly to the Project Manager. All field level and office level Engineers report directly to the Engineer II. As an Engineer II, you will be expected to be a job-site leader in health and safety, ensuring quality of reporting and workmanship, and that all engineering work is completed in a professional and ethical manner. You main functions will include contract administration, project planning and scheduling, and project reporting, and you will play an advisory role to Project Management for contractual, legal, and other project issues.
Kiewit's Southeast District is one of Kiewit's leading infrastructure districts specializing in heavy civil, transportation, and water resource markets. Projects you could be working on could include building bridges, airports, mass transit systems, canals, dams, pump stations or tunnels. Although most of our work is regionally based in the southeast region of the United States, we also pursue various projects stretching across the east coast. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about infrastructure and committed to the construction industry as opposed to design.
Jacksonville, FL & Orlando, FL
- Assist in interpretation of drawings and specifications for field crews and craft supervision
- Perform quantity calculations by taking measurements and determining percentage of completed/installed materials and work
- Assist in the preparation of work plans and work packages
- Assist in field surveying and work layout support including elevation, control points, and compilation of as-built data
- Assist in compiling, processing, and confirming daily labor timesheets
- Assist in the preparation of Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s)
- Participate in jobsite safety reviews, toolbox meetings, mass safety meetings, and safety training
- Order and schedule material deliveries
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate work groups on the jobsite
- Supervise field operations
- Perform material takeoffs from drawings, specifications and other contract documents
- Perform basic engineering calculations and technical drafting to support field operations
- Assist Engineers to gather and prepare data for submittal or transmittal to the customer, vendors, subcontractors, governmental agencies, and internal use
- Assist in preparation of purchase orders and subcontracts, performing minor solicitations and purchasing as requested
- Assist in schedule maintenance and performing updates as directed by others
- Assist in the maintenance of basic project recordkeeping and correspondence functions including daily reports, photographs, requests for information (RFIs), and memorandums
- Assist with entering data into the job cost system and participate in reviewing cost reports with jobsite management
- Assist in generating change orders and as-built data to be reviewed by the Project Manager
- Provide field support and supervise subcontractor operations
- Assist in reviewing and analyzing historical data relative to the project, incorporating various productions and costs appropriate in preparation of a bid
- Complete a plan and specification review for an assigned project, assessing the risk areas and bringing them to the attention of the Senior Estimator
- Complete material and quantity takeoffs according to bid documents
- Ability to travel and relocate as needed
- 2+ years' construction field experience
- Work experience in engineering and leading engineers
- Undergraduate degree in civil engineering, construction management, or related
- Ability to read, analyze and identify discrepancies on engineering plans, specifications, and contract documents
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
- Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
- Regular, reliable attendance
- Work productively and meet deadlines timely
- Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
- Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
- Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
- FIELD ROLES ONLY May work at various different locations and conditions may vary.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Attention To Detail
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Management
- Contract Management