To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Merrifield, VA 22119
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Corporate Communications Strategist
Navy Federal Credit Union • Merrifield, VA
Posted 10 days ago
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To develop, expand and administer public relations programs that promote a positive corporate and community image of Navy Federal. Serves as Navy Federal’s spokesperson with the media, credit union industry, community groups, military establishment and credit union members.
1. Lead the development and expansion of Navy Federals’ branding and corporate image through mainstream media, external social networking/social media outlets (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, You Tube, etc.) and emerging media tools.
• Monitors day-to-day PR activities, problems/issues, communications and coordinates with various media to provide timely responses and/or recommendations for improvement and timely resolution
• Assists the PR Manager with PR strategy planning, development and execution of PR Programs to align with Navy Federals’ mission, values and vision
• Oversees Navy Federals’ social media presence across the web to include: developing a social media strategy, responding and taking action in response to web posts; creating an evaluation system measuring branding exposure, and maintaining/expanding Navy Federals’ existing presence on network/social media sites.
• Collaborates with other lines of business to leverage social media usage and to respond to new market trends and needs for Navy Federal products and services
• Increases Navy Federal visibility by creating, writing, and disseminating all press materials to national newspapers, trade publications and other media channels.
2. Creates PR Campaigns and innovative ideas that align with corporate marketing strategy.
• Collaborates with Marketing staff, lines of business and vendors (e.g., print, communications consultants, social media channels, corporate, etc.) to develop cohesive communications, marketing campaigns and news releases
• Produces timely responses, announcements, and marketing distribution of Navy Federal branding initiatives
• Applies the latest social media marketing techniques and creates conceptual approaches and copy solutions to implement marketing and communications initiatives through Networking and Social Media Channels and tools such as hand-held devices to promote Navy Federal branding
• Collaborates with Social Media Designer to ensure effective synergy between communications content, visual delivery and performance measurements
• Manages Navy Federal PR website to ensure timely information distribution and accuracy of messaging in content and format
• Makes presentations to senior management on major PR campaign initiatives, outlining objectives, action plans, and results.
3. Assists the PR Manager with preparation and execution of communication, materials and speeches to include acting as approval authority for information release and delivery.
• Serves as Navy Federal’s corporate spokesperson communicating through mainstream and emerging social networking/media channels
• Screens and evaluates inquiries from Navy Federal employees, members, the media, the credit union community, and government agencies on public relation issues and determines if/what a response is appropriate from Navy Federal
• Responds to requests for information on current issues from the President, Senior VP and Public Relations Manager and determines corporate response
• Provides guidance, approval of communication releases and may review and assign projects to staff members
• Performs due diligence research to craft press releases and feature stories from resources such as industry
publications, internet and internal/external interviews
• Builds relationships with reporters, photographers, television and radio personnel and other media representatives to establish a reliable information network
• Assist with managing the corporate giving program by researching opportunities and recommending additions and/or changes to current community giving programs
• Makes presentations to senior management on major PR campaign initiatives, outlining objectives, action plans, and results
• Performs duties of the Public Relations Manager in his/her absence.
4. May assist the PR Manager with relationship building, review and development of communications, materials and speeches, and establishing community relations programs focused on the military community.
• Oversees communications flow through various media channels between Navy Federal and the military
• Provides expertise to Navy Federal lines of business involving proper military protocol, communications methodologies and insights into the military community
• Builds stakeholder relationships between Navy Federal and the military community
• Develops effective communications channels to ensure maximum penetration of the Navy Federal image.
5. Performs other related duties as required or appropriate.
Qualifications -- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Demonstrated experience in corporate and PR marketing communications and knowledge of most marketing communications production processes
• Knowledge of Social Media Networking/Channels and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) including key word tagging
• Proven effectiveness managing multiple projects concurrently, exercising independent judgment to establish and meet priorities, resolving conflicting issues and responding diplomatically in all forms of communication
• If required to focus on military communications, experienced with military communications protocols, lines of approval and federal agencies
• Experience in creating conceptual and copy strategies and solutions for marketing communications campaigns in most media
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational, project, time management, and problem solving skills
• Excellent copywriting, editing, and proofreading skills
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Public Relations, or a related field
• Knowledge of Navy Federal products and services
• Familiarity with U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Army, U.S. Air force and Department of Defense (DOD) organizations and protocols
• Knowledge of financial services industry and products, credit unions in particular
• Experience working in a demanding, creative environment similar to an advertising agency
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability