About the Role
As the S/VP of Growth Marketing, you will be responsible for all of our paid media channels, online and offline, and marketing technology. You will use these assets to drive the acquisition, retention and revenue goals for the company.
This role reports to Company’s President/CMO.
You will interact and collaborate directly with the exec team to set strategy to achieve the company’s growth goals. You will be the lead sponsor for the primary initiatives across our extended growth organization, which includes growth marketing, data engineering, product, data science, and merch science. You will develop a deep understanding of our performance marketing and ads engineering capabilities, marketplace tools, metrics and unit economics. You are detail oriented and data driven.
You understand the powerful leverage that organic traffic growth, improved conversion, a/b testing, viral loops, etc, bring to customer acquisition economics. So while you are exceptional at driving traffic efficiently and optimizing performance at the ad-platform level, you are always on the hunt for leverage through the entire customer journey. This is what sets great growth marketers apart from the rest.
*Company is relocating to Oakland in Fall '19. This role will be expected to work in SF until then.
What You'll Do
- Partner closely with the brand, creative, product, eng, and data teams to develop our growth plans and paid marketing investment strategies.
- Develop a strategy for customer acquisition, retention, monetization and reactivation that balances investing in mature, high-performing channels with testing emerging channels.
- Continue to refine and expand our channel strategy across all mediums: SEO, social, influencers, search, TV, affiliates, email.
- Evolve and lead a high performing marketing team who will partner with other key business teams to achieve strategic goals including acquisition, engagement, monetization and retention
- Work closely with the growth “pods” to optimize performance, with a full stack view from auction economics all the way through to our unit economics.
- Deliver actionable insights by synthesizing information from across online and offline channels. Test and provide proactive insights and analysis on strategic challenges and new marketing opportunities.
- Develop a holistic view of our customer lifecycle and how growth can positively impact that lifecycle
- Lead the vision for marketing technology and how that will drive growth for the long term
Experience We're Looking For
- Deep understanding of performance marketing, product metrics, and analytics. A data-driven strategist who has lived in a rigorous LTV/CAC world.
- Candidates with underpinnings in marketplaces, analytics and technology are highly favorable. B2C experience is a must.
- 10+ years of experience in internet, digital, and performance-marketing roles.
- Track record managing, building and scaling A+ quantitative marketing teams
- Outstanding communication skills, and the presence and experience to drive cross-functional teams toward measurable outcomes
- Bonus points for: experience as a key stakeholder of a technology function; experience as a marketing IC in a quantitative marketing role
- Passion for our mission to inspire a new generation of shoppers to think second first
Business To Consumer