Job Location: [[Forest Park]]
Want to make an impact?
The Engrosser is responsible for making quality candies by following FPC's guidelines and specifications in a safe and sanitary manner.
Ways you will make a difference
1. Conducts assigned work in a safe manner and adheres to FPC safety methods.
2. Adheres to all FPC established GMP's.
3. Verifies centers that will be engrossed meet all quality standards regarding size and solids.
4. Feeds kettle with raw materials (i.e., sugar, syrup, etc.) and cooks ingredients to specifications.
5. Responsible for safe operation and sanitary upkeep of entire bay of pans.
6. Loads pans and engrosses centers to proper size and weight using syrup and dry sugar (or dextrose) according to procedure and recipe.
7. Conducts adjustments to controls to regulate temperature, amount of raw materials, etc.
8. Loads trays / boards on truck to be sent to the polishing room.
9. Checks production schedule to determine variety and quantity of products to engross.
10. Conducts periodic quality checks.
11. Conducts changeovers.
12. Responsible for hygiene and general organization of entire work area including, but not limited to, clean up of all equipment and surrounding areas and prevention of
13. Operate all equipment safely with all guards in place.
14. Informs immediate supervisor of any problems encountered including, but not limited to quality, safety and/or equipment performance.
15. Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
16. Back-up Panning Operator - Engrosser in his/her absence: Engrosser Helper.
Skills that will make you successful
1. Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations.
2. Ability to operate and troubleshoot problems with all necessary process equipment.
3. Ability to perform simple arithmetic calculations.
4. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
5. Be at work as scheduled and in a timely manner.
6. Ability to work overtime as needed.
7. Ability to work scheduled shift.
8. Capable of understanding time tracking objectives with the ability to swipe into orders and perform other objectives in the system.
9. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
10. Promotes teamwork, possess a good attitude, and exhibit flexibility and willingness to perform task as needed.
Experiences that will support your success
1 year of packaging machine experience
Our diverse portfolio of nearly 35 brands includes SweeTARTS®, Trolli®, BRACH'S®, Black Forest® and NERDS®, along with iconic favorites like Lemonhead®, Red Hots® and Now and Later®. Ferrara also manages the Keebler® and Famous Amos® businesses for The Ferrero Group.? Headquartered in?Chicago, Ferrara has an operational network of 20 locations in?North America?that includes manufacturing, distribution and R&D facilities. Learn more at www.ferrarausa.com.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, employment decisions and opportunities at Ferrara will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil union status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, disability, handicap, genetic information, pregnancy (childbirth or related medical condition), or on any other basis prohibited by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
- Packaging And Processing Duties
- Problem Solving
- Quality Management
- Team Working