REPORTS TO: Assistant Operations Manager
COMPENSATION: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
FLSA CATEGORY: Non-Exempt
WORK HOURS: 40 hours per week and serving in a 24/7 on-call rotation
Centennial Hall and Falcon Heights are Bowling Green State University’s newest residential communities located in the heart of campus. Centennial Hall consists of 667 beds and 334 student units. Falcon Heights consists of site consists of 651 beds and 178 student units. Capstone Management is responsible for all aspects of
operational management for Centennial Hall and Falcon Heights. The Custodian is responsible for overall cleanliness and maintenance of grounds, building, common
areas and exterior of building. The Custodian will be expected to work nontraditional and extended hours during high traffic periods. This is a fast-paced position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Sweeps/vacuums hallways and staircases on a daily basis.
• Mops staircases on a weekly basis.
• Removes rubbish and garbage (including cigarette butts) from grounds, hallways, and staircases on a daily basis.
• Removes weeds (in a secondary capacity).
• Cleans common areas and office areas as follows:
o Vacuums carpets, dust-mops floors, empties wastebaskets, replenishes bathroom supplies, dusts computers, cleans fitness equipment, re-positions furniture, and wipes down bathroom surfaces on a daily basis.
o Polishes furniture, mops floors, cleans bathrooms, dusts furniture, dusts light fixtures, dusts blinds, cleans keyboards, and washes windows and doors on a weekly basis.
o Cleans restrooms, laundry rooms, and community kitchens.
• Applies ice-melt and/or sand to sidewalks and entrance areas. (in a secondary capacity)
• Cleans vacant rooms as needed.
• Cleans resident rooms and bathrooms at certain times of the year.
• Performs light maintenance services as needed.
• Completes reports as required.
• Attends staff meetings.
• Reports unsafe conditions, vandalism, and violations of community rules to management.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; works with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support - Supports organization's goals and values.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; asks for and offers help when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 2-4 year experience - preferred in the areas of residential or student communities.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both written and in speech.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook in Windows Operating systems.
- Must be punctual, organized, and able to meet deadlines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.