DEPT BIOSTATISTICS & HEALTH DA (IN-BSAT-IUINA)Job Summary
- Provides analysis and programming related to the design, development, and support of systems.
- Consults with stakeholder(s) and senior peers to define system requirements, problems, and proposals; conducts studies and assists in presenting detailed requirements/designs to stakeholder(s).
- Documents systems analysis and programming efforts (changes, new functionality, issue/problem resolution); performs system unit and integration testing.
- Researches and stays up-to-date with new standards, tools, and emerging technology and services.
- Ensures that all protocols used in the design and programming of systems are up to date and compliant with university policies and standards.
- Degree in computer science or a related field
Combinations of related education and experience may be considered.
- Some systems programming/analysis experience
Working Conditions / Demands
- Proficient communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.Job Classification
Career Level: Core
Job Function: Information Technology
Job Family: Sys Admin, Engineer & Program
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Systems Programmer/Analyst
or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us
- Field Studies
- Information Technology
- Problem Solving
- Professional Attitude
- Software Requirements Analysis