Asset Management Technology (AMT) provides worldwide technology and support to all the Investment Management, Research, Trading and Investment Operations functions. We are seeking a Team Leader, Quant Development to join our Quantitative Research & Investing Technology team in a senior team leadership. This role will have oversight for multiple complex and fast-paced quantitative development team supporting the quantitative solutioning needs for handled accounts business partnering with Strategic Advisers. You partner with other Fidelity business and technology leaders to identify and define strategic priorities based on an understanding of business value needs and enable execution of these initiatives. You actively bring new ideas, approaches and insights to improve the contributions of your team and enable them to develop new skills and capabilities. You are committed to ongoing development of your own expertise and knowledge to bring the latest capabilities and thinking to your team to empower others with that knowledge.The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- 10+ years of industry experience in architecture, analytics, design, and development of solutions in multiple technology platforms, frameworks and languages.
- Bachelor s degree in a quantitative or computational field such as Computer Science or Applied Mathematics
- Very good communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills to influence decisions and engage across Fidelity and at all levels of the organization
- Domain knowledge in either equities, fixed income or alternative asset classes
- Familiarity with advanced quantitative techniques and methods, statistics, econometrics including probability, linear regression, time series data analysis and optimizations
- Financial services experience (experience working in Asset Management environment preferred)
- Agile leadership experience or working knowledge of agile organizational models preferred
- Collaborate with senior leaders in AM Tech to propagate standard methodology to ensure the culture and continue to support attraction, retention, and development of talent
- Ability to provide technical leadership and hands on day-to-day solutions to teams, preparing the design artifacts and implementation of solutions.
- Ability to work both independently and with all levels of the organization, including technical and non-technical team members.
- Experience with Containerization strategies using Docker and Serverless Application Architectures
- Experience with API Management, domain modeling, policy modeling.
- Experience with CI/CD infrastructure as code and pipeline as code .
- Knowledge of continuous integration, static code analysis and test-driven development.
- Solid technical background with a willingness to continually learn and apply knowledge with hands-on development
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate associates with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process, or to perform the essential functions of their job.
For roles based in the US : Visit myHR and search for \u201Caccommodation\u201D to review Fidelity s Reasonable Accommodation for Disabilities Policy. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by completing the Accommodation Request Form on myHR, or by calling
, prompt 2, option 2.
The base salary range for this position is $103,000-$218,000 per year. \u00A0
Placement in the range will vary based on job responsibilities and scope, geographic location, candidate s relevant experience, and other factors.
Base salary is only part of the total compensation package. Depending on the position and eligibility requirements, the offer package may also include bonus or other variable compensation. \u00A0\u00A0
We offer a wide range of
to meet your evolving needs and help you live your best life at work and at home. \u00A0These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage and emotional well-being support, market-leading retirement, generous paid time off and parental leave, charitable giving employee match program, and educational assistance including student loan repayment, tuition reimbursement, and learning resources to develop your career. \u00A0Note, the application window closes when the position is filled or unposted.Certifications:
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.Join Us
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a
, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2023. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we re calling \u201C
\u201D. Most associates will have a hybrid schedule with a requirement to work onsite at a Fidelity work location for at least one week, 5 consecutive days, every four weeks. These requirements are subject to change.
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to
, or by calling
, prompt 2, option 3.
At Fidelity, we value honesty, integrity, and the safety of our associates and customers within a heavily regulated industry. Certain roles may require candidates to go through a preliminary credit check during the screening process. Candidates who are presented with a Fidelity offer will need to go through a background investigation and may be asked to provide additional documentation as requested. This investigation includes but is not limited to a criminal, civil litigations and regulatory review, employment, education, and credit review (role dependent). These investigations will account for 7 years or more of history, depending on the role. Where permitted by federal or state law, Fidelity will also conduct a pre-employment drug screen, which will review for the following substances: Amphetamines, THC (marijuana), cocaine, opiates, phencyclidine.
- Agile Leadership
- Agile Methodology
- Applied Mathematics
- Asset Management