ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton is a faith inspired non-profit organization, mission-driven, family-friendly, and passionate about services to our communities. We offer a wide variety of exciting career opportunities in the areas of Direct Care, Clinical, Fundraising, Human Resources, IT, Finance, Marketing, and Nursing. When you join us, you can expect a true focus on work-life balance, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, and an environment that promotes inclusion. Some of our benefits include: generous paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time; excellent health & pension plans; and wide array of training and staff development opportunities to earn on-site CEUs. Catholic Charities is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for staff as well as for people seeking assistance. To learn more about the agency, please visit our website at : www.catholiccharitiestrenton.org.
JOB SUMMARY: The JOB COACH for Supported Employment provides comprehensive employment services.
- Assists clients/consumers in job development and career exploration
- Completes job analysis and job matching
- Provides job readiness/job search skills to clients
- Completes comprehensive vocational assessments on clients
- Completes Individual Plan for Employment with client/consumer
- May establish relationships with community colleges to assist with educational planning
- Establishes relationships with and may provide support to community employers
- May maintain a caseload and provides support services to clients, including holding regular meetings with them and assisting with such things as benefits planning
- Meets with current and potential referral sources to ensure satisfaction with services
- Interface with in-house staff and outside agencies to facilitate vocational assistance (case managers, therapists, doctor's, DVR, etc.)
- Maintain computer statistics for the NJ Training website
- Enhance/expand existing services by making presentations to outside behavioral health programs
- Documents client progress via statistics and monthly progress notes
- Evaluates placement effectiveness and job satisfaction; making recommended changes when appropriate
- HS + 5 years of related experience; OR AA degree + 2 years of related experience; OR Bachelor’s degree in a human service field.
- Experience with similar client/consumer population preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule may be required.
- Basic data entry and ability to develop online resources may be required.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS NEEDED: Valid Driver’s license may be required
- Ability to interface with business community
- Good communication skills; and good organizational skills