To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Miramar, FL 33025
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Machinist MRO Metal Work
MEGGITT • Miramar, FL
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
Under direct supervision, the Production Machine Operator I performs straightforward tasks and operates routine production equipment and machinery. Ensures the maintenance of a safe work environment with an ultimate goal of zero accidents. Uses a variety of skills to install, repair, and maintain industrial machinery and equipment as well as physical structures like buildings and factories. Duties may involve repairing and trouble shooting factory machinery, pneumatics, high pressure equipment, controls and pumps, building offices and equipment fixtures, repairing and constructing building structures, replacing electrical switches, panels, and wiring, painting plumbing, custodial, and HVAC installation perform other related duties as assigned.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Performs straightforward set up, operation and routine maintenance of production machinery and test equipment
- Uses a range of documents to perform work, such as job travelers, blueprints, schematics, models or specifications
- Troubleshoots machines that are not at peak performance and finds solutions to problems
- Ensures adequate stock of raw materials needed for work and performs equipment maintenance per schedules
- Evaluates and verifies that production items are within tolerances and meet specifications as outlined in job documentation
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
Certifications: Vocational training, apprenticeships or the equivalent experience in related field.
Years Experience: 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Experience in operating production equipment and machinery
- Basic math proficiency
- Ability to read engineering drawings and blueprints
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to use existing procedures to perform straightforward tasks
- Effective oral and written communication
- Hazardous waste control and signatory
- May perform other related duties as assigned
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].