First Horizon is looking for a highly motivated individual to join the Distributed Systems team as a Junior System Administrator – With Linux/UNIX expertise in systems administration in a highly virtualized environment.
- Installation, Management and administration of RHEL 6, 7 & AIX 6, 7.
- Installation and administration of hardware from IBM, and HP.
- Performance tuning, configuring, upgrading, and patching Operating Systems.
- Day to day technical support, proactive monitoring and management, evaluation of new and emerging technologies, and maintaining vendor support relationships.
- Provides technical support (including participation in a 24x7 on call rotation) for complex production systems and services.
- Assist in the development and periodic testing of Disaster Recovery plans.
- Identify and develop scripts needed using various scripting languages for automating manual tasks.
- Assist other areas of the Technology group with various deployments and configuration as needed.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- 4 year degree or equivalent job experience.
- 2+ years of overall IT System Administration experience with 1-2 years of system administration experience in Linux and/or AIX.
- Knowledge of Satellite, Spacewalk, Configuration management (Puppet, Anisble & NIM).
- Working knowledge of AIX a plus
- Good working knowledge of at least one scripting language (Shell, Python).
- Familiar with NFS, LVM, CIFS, & LDAP.
- Familiarity with IBM Power and VMware virtualization technologies.
- Follow Change Control methodologies
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with employees at all skill levels; including the ability to translate and communicate technical and analytical issues to all types of end users.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Logical Volume Manager
Network File Systems
Server Message Block