Clayton Homes, a BerkshireHathaway company and the nation's leading housing provider, is a verticallyintegrated housing company that builds, sells, and insures affordable housing.Our commitment to creating a World Class Customer Experience is unparalleled inthe housing industry and we believe it begins with a World Class Team MemberExperience. From entry-level to more experienced positions, we're activelyrecruiting individuals who are passionate, positive, and eager to learn. Wethen equip you for success, whether you're in the office, in the field, or onthe floor. As a member of our team you'll enjoy excellent benefits,opportunities for growth, and an encouraging culture that supports work / lifebalance.
The Home Building Group is actively searching for Dispatchers tojoin the team at our Addison, AL Connect Hub.
The Dispatcher is responsible for securing adequate capacity for home deliveries based on plant assets and coordinating the movement of the load to the Retail Center so deliveries are on time and in compliance with government regulations, Connect standards, and customer expectations. A dispatcher must think quickly on both a detailed and big picture scale, and uncover hard-to-find solutions (and backup-solutions to solutions) within large sets of data.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Balance and maintain driver pool by scheduling and pre-planning driver routes based on plant production.
- Continuously monitor incoming plant production reports.
- Ensure all appropriate permits are ordered in the correct timeframe according to policy.
- Adjust dispatch plans and reallocate tractors and escorts as necessary to meet changing service needs.
- Monitor drivers’ HOS to ensure a route will not make a driver ineligible to complete.
- Supervise drivers to ensure they comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety requirements, and government regulations.
- Schedules repairs both roadside and on-site.
- Responds to emergencies and accidents according to standard operating procedures.
- Monitors damage reports from Drivers and Escorts.
- Interacting with Retail Centers and Drivers to keep up-to-date information flowing about routes and schedules.
- Assisting Safety Manager with truck audits.
- Investigate customer and over-the-road complaints, determine the cause, then recommend corrective action points according to policy and procedure guidelines.