* Verifies insurance benefits and eligibility and obtains valid authorizations and referrals.
* Obtains medical information from physicians and hospitals when required to validate correct coding.
* Performs data entry of registrations and charges in the On-Line Billing and Registrations (OBR) system.
* Reviews billing and coding reports and takes action when indicated.
* Responds to accounting or billing inquiries from patients.
* Ensures medical records are complete and forwards to appropriate departments for filing, coding and/or audit
* Follows all government and payer coding guidelines and HIPAA guidelines.
* Presents a positive, professional appearance and conveys a professional demeanor in the performance of assigned duties.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education Level: High school diploma or equivalent. Associate's degree preferred.
Experience Years: 3-5 years of related experience.
Experience Industry: Healthcare
* Certification in Professional Coding (CPC) is preferred and for some sites may be required.
Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience will be considered.
- Data Entry
- Health Care
- Medical Records