To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Armed Security Officer, Floater/Flex - Chicago, IL
SOS Security • Chicago, IL
Posted 1 month ago
SOS Security has Full Time Armed Security Officer openings in the Chicago, Illinois area!!
SOS Security is a leading provider of security personnel and related services which help a broad range of corporate, government and high profile clientele to protect their people, assets and reputations. In an industry without universally accepted standards, we are recognized for our quality and we treat our clients as partners. We understand the threats and vulnerabilities facing our clients and design customized, cost effective risk mitigation programs accordingly. We reinvest a significant portion of our profits back into all levels of our organization, so we can create a passionate team dedicated to our overall success.
OUR BASIC REQUIREMENTS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Prior security or related experience preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess 20hr Basic Security Training certification and present certificate.
- Must possess 20hr Firearms with Semi-Auto certification and present certificate.
- Must possess a valid FOID card and PERC card.
- Must possess Valid Illinois Driver's License and have a good driving record.
- Must have evidence of customer service skills and ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others.
- The integrity of our Officers is above reproach. Must process this trait.
- Maintain and exhibit a professional look at all times.
- Officers must qualify on the Department utilized firing range every six (6) months, and Officers must be able to work any of four (4) Campus Sites.
- Perform any additional duties as required.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check & drug screen.
- Must be 21 years of age.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF OFFICERS INCLUDE:
- Perform mobile vehicle, foot and bicycle patrols.
- Perform functions as directed to protect the building and its occupants.
- Attend roll call to review any communication from building and/or security management.
- Conduct interior and exterior patrols.
- Greet and direct all visitors.
- Maintain and conduct access control for building.
- Permit only authorized individuals to enter building.
- Respond to emergency situations in a timely manner.
- Monitor PC-based security/CCTV system and respond to any disturbances.
- Maintain radio communication with all building personnel.
- Maintain security presence in building. Serve as a deterrent for suspicious activity.
- Respond and report all incidents pertaining to security and building operations.
- Be capable of evaluating, investigating and reporting all types of security and law enforcement incidents. Complete incident reports if necessary.
- Prepare daily paperwork including inventory or Daily Condition Report.
- Complete case preparation attend court, and provide testimony in criminal and/or civil litigation, if needed.
- Attend department training functions.
- Write reports for any incidents.
- Take proper care of personal and department equipment.
- Maintain professionalism at all times.
- Perform building checks and assist faculty, staff, students and visitors as needed.
- Perform other duties not listed and are assigned.
Benefits are available for Full Time Employees: (Must work 30 or more hours)
Leave: Paid holidays, Vacation/Paid Time Off
Pension where applicable
Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Union Local 225
License : 122.001269
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group.
Now the fifth largest security personnel company in the U.S., SOS Security’s growth is driven by our ongoing dedication to meet our clients’ evolving security requirements.
SOS Security is Headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey, with regional and branch offices throughout the United States; SOS Security has become the benchmark for quality and professionalism in the field of security since our founding in 1969. We offer a broad range of services, including: Armed and Unarmed Security; Management & Consulting; Investigations; and Executive Protection.
Secure your future today by joining the SOS Security team Experienced security professionals looking to apply their knowledge in a rewarding team environment truly find a home at SOS. You will become an integral part of the relationship between our firm and our clients.