To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Freelance Assistant Designer
Atrium Staffing • New York, NY
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client is an established New York based private label and licensing apparel company that creates product for women, men, and children. They are now in need of a Freelance Assistant Designer.
Salary/Hourly Rate: $15-18 per hour
Position Overview: For the Freelance Assistant Designer, we are looking for someone to support the Senior Designer in designing for mass-market retailers such as Walmart, Kohls, and Macys.
Responsibilities of the Freelance Assistant Designer:
- Assist and take direction from Senior Designer(s) for preliminary design research, including competitive analysis; pull fabrics, develop concepts, assemble presentation boards for meetings, prepare mock-ups, color-ups, inspirational photos
- Assist in development of initial seasonal design category
- Track design schedule to ensure timely execution of product development calendar
- Create Illustrator sketches; assist in preparation of specification sheets; prepare designs for line review; prepare line sheets and update as necessary
- Maintain product development logs, line sheets, boards and design archives library; maintain designs in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system or shared drives
- Research and coordinate raw materials and trims for approval; maintain fabric/trim library
- Review lab dips with Senior Designer; coordinate print and graphics where appropriate; observe and assist with fit process; keep detailed notes
- Track and record samples
- Follow-up with internal customers and partners including technical design and production; facilitate interoffice communication including factories overseas
- Build collaborative relationships with vendors and internal customers
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary
Qualifications for the Freelance Assistant Designer:
- Excellent organizational skills and communication skills; team-oriented
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail-oriented, and creative
- Basic knowledge of garment construction, pattern making, silhouettes, color ways, sewing techniques, fabrication and trim
- 1 plus years related experience and/or training in apparel
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe products and Mac computers; knowledge of CAD preferable
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design or related field
Benefits: Eligible for Atrium Care Package