Review loans for risk analysis and compliance with agency and investor underwriting guidelines. #CB #ZR
- Review loans for risk analysis and compliance with agency and investor guidelines.
- Render loan approval decisions within appropriate timeframe of 48 hours while meeting quantity and quality standards of at least four new loans per day averaged on a monthly basis in addition to resubmissions and no major exceptions.
- Use of automated underwriting systems in determining risk, salability and reduced documentation for borrowers and review of data accuracy as input in Destiny, LP and DU.
- Clear, concise and appropriate conditioning of loans when rendering decisions.
- Accept and accurately maintain loan file as it pertains to underwriting documents.
- Mentor processing staff on underwriting deficiencies and calculation errors.
- Keep management informed of specific ongoing issues that need immediate attention.
In addition to the above, each associate will be required to cross train for position(s) within the division organization structure as may, from time to time, be required by the Division President.
Management reserves the right to change the duties and responsibilities set forth herein at any time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum six months as an Underwriter I
- Three years in mortgage industry to include at least two years of hands-on pre-underwriting of FHA/VA/Conventional loans
- Perform accurate analysis of loan files and effectively transmit underwriting decision to production/processing staff both orally and in writing
- Working knowledge of DU, LP, Total Scorecard
- Strong computer background
- Demonstrates technical knowledge and exhibits confidence, positive attitude and firmness of position
- Considers new ideas, views of others, or divergent points of view
- Demonstrates skill in developing improvements in work method or designing new procedures
- Performs work with appropriate accuracy and strives for quality in work produced
- Completes projects and can be counted on to be on the job and fulfill assigned job tasks
- Plans and organizes work assignments and carries out assignments effectively
Regular interaction with all mortgage associates.
Requires the ability to operate a personal computer, fax machine, copier, climb stairs, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move, and carry materials and supplies weighing 20 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard.
- Ability to work independently and display initiative and sound judgment in actions
- Follow directions from and interact well with mortgage associates
- Possess positive and professional attitude and represent company in a positive manner
- Provide outstanding customer service, work well under pressure and be a team player
- Possess excellent organization and analytical skills
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures
- Accept constructive criticism
This description outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the associate.
Attention To Detail