To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lancaster, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Supervisor Sterile Processing - Central Processing - Full Time/Days
Antelope Valley Hospital • Lancaster, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Under the general direction of the Supply Chain Manager of Surgical Services the Sterile Processing Supervisor must be capable of working with minimal supervision in the decontamination and sterile processing areas. Manage Central Processing Employees. Control the purchasing of supplies for the Sterile Processing Department. This position will have frequent interaction with purchasing Buyers, but will not have a direct reporting relationship.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise Sterile Processing Employees to include: participating in selection, training, orientation, and assignment of department staff duties and professional development. Works with Director to recommend, develop and implement standards of performance, conduct performance evaluations, and initiate recommendations for personnel actions.
- Accountable for all Sterile Processing activities, including but not limited, off-site SPD Locations, Instrument/repairs, purchase of instruments and supplies for the overall operations of the Sterile Processing Department.
- Must direct and assist staff in completion of surgical case carts, ensuring that all sterilization records are kept current, provide education and in-services for staff.
- Work closely with the Manager in organizing and overseeing the Sterile Processing Department ensuring that all standards of operation of the department are in compliance with the standards set by regulatory agencies, such as the Department of Health, AAMI, AORN and others.
- Direct and organize timely and accurate distribution of instruments, equipment, services and supplies throughout AVH.
- Strive to meet or exceed the requirements of internal customers and best demonstrated practices as defined by internal and external audits/consultant recommendations.
- Responsible for compliance with all accreditation regulatory bodies and legal standards applicable to the divisions.
- Initiate disciplinary process after discussion with Director and/or Human Resources. 10, Develop policies and procedures for Sterile Processing Department and equipment control.
- Plan, organize, and direct all phases of SPD distribution activities.
- Participate in department and hospital Performance Improvement activities as required.
B. Purchasing Supply Maintenance
- Control the purchasing of items as needed for the Sterile Processing Department, or as assigned by the Manager.
- Responsible for the procurement of all inventory and PAR location supplies, within SPD and related surgical and offsite areas.
- Prepare periodic reports for Director, as required or requested. (Examples: Instrument loss, usage of instruments or equipment.)
- Prepare and present monthly Flash autoclave record and autoclave report to infection control.
- Ensure that all supplies and equipment are distributed in a timely manner.( instruments)
- Faxing, photocopying and other clerical duties.
- Ensure cleanliness and function of all equipment in the work area.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Materials Management practices, AAMI, AORN and regulatory procedures, including all the processes of supply distribution, storage, PAR leveling, and patient charging mechanisms through Sterile Processing
- Working knowledge of management principles and skills in the area of planning, organizing, directing, budgeting, staffing, and evaluating usually acquired through two or more years of management experience or college level courses.
- Thorough knowledge of Central Supply practices and Surgical Instrumentation, Medical Supply Equipment. Policies and Procedures including supply distribution and materials handling systems
- Proven technical skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn, lead, train, educate, direct, plan, coordinate and implement new policies, procedures and programs.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with internal and external customers
- Ability to effectively supervise and develop subordinates.
Core Competencies: All AVH employees will effectively demonstrate these behaviors:
Ethics & Values
Integrity & Trust
Management Competencies: All AVH management (Supervisor, Manager, and Assistant Director) will effectively demonstrate these behaviors:
Timely Decision Making
Fairness to Direct Reports
Hiring & Staffing
Developing Direct Reports
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma is required
- Certification as a Registered Central Supply Technician ( within 6 months of employment)
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred
- Some coursework in related area required
- Two (2) years of demonstrated/proven working experience within Central Supply/Sterile Processing or Materials Management Department is required.
- Two (2) years experience in Central Supply activities or completion of course work leading to certification as a Certified Registered Central Supply Technician is required.
- Minimum (1) year management experience in managing employees within a healthcare environment is required.
Required Licensure and/or Certifications:
- Certified Registered Central Supply Technician required
A detailed description of the physical requirements of this job is maintained in the Employee Health Department.
Looking for an opportunity to work in healthcare the way you always dreamed you could? At Antelope Valley Hospital, our employees are at the heart of what we do best – delivering high quality, patient-centered healthcare.
Antelope Valley Hospital, a 420 bed acute care facility, located just 60 miles north of Los Angeles, the Antelope Valley is one of Southern California’s fastest growing communities. We are a Level II Trauma Center and Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center Accredited. Serving the community for over 50 years, our non-profit hospital has grown to be the preeminent healthcare facility for our district’s nearly 1.2 million residents.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.