Responsible for the Administration and Coordination of all Bidding, Contracting and Cost Control for all Land Operations. #CB
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the preparation of all bid packages from bid/approved project plans using developed bid processes and procedures.
- Manage the review of and spreading the costs from bids received and compare them to the project budgets for review with the Director of Land Operations.
- Manage and coordinate the set up and filing of contract, bid, and insurance files.
- Manage the notification of bid packages to prospective trade partners or consultants at direction of Director of Operations.
- Manage the preparation of contracts, change orders and purchase orders for Land Operations.
- Manage the updates of “Scope of Work” formats for all new projects.
- Manage the processing, tracking and verification of signature’s to complete and mail out all contracts, change orders and purchase orders for projects.
- Manage the maintenance/updating of contracts, change order and purchase order logs, reference lists and other various logs or lists for the Land Operations Department.
- Manage all development communications and community files for Land Operations including, but not limited to scanning, electronic transmission, faxing, copying and mailings for all project and contract related documents.
- Coordinate contract administration with accounting, assist with the processing of pay documents and budget reviews and compliance timely and efficiently.
- Manage the set-up of project/specification books for each project.
- Manage the obtaining of all information necessary from trade partners to complete the contract administration process.
- Assist Accounting and Land Construction Managers with resolution of contract administration questions and issues.
- Manage the compliance of all company insurance requirements, maintenance, logging of insurance in JD Edwards and processing of waiver letters.
- Manage and route approval process of all documents requiring signatures or notary.
- Perform miscellaneous word processing and spreadsheet work by creating documents, maintenance or input for Land Operations and other departments as required.
- Manage Contract Coordinators and Administrators following established processes and procedures and assist them with various organizational duties and clerical support.
- Manage the electronic and hard copy filing process and procedures for the Land Operations Department in the Division/Department electronic and hard copy files.
- Assist with administration of field operations issues when and as needed.
- Perform tasks as requested by supervisors and/or managers for other departments within the Division as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- One (1) - three (3) years managerial/administrative experience, preferably with a homebuilder
- One (1) year experience with JD Edwards
- High school diploma or GED required
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office
- Valid driver’s license
- Typing 45 - 60 wpm
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality relative to daily work schedule is required
- Excellent grammatical and spelling proficiency
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Energetic and self-starter
- Ability to take initiative and to follow through
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to multi-task
- Must possess professional attitude to represent company in a positive manner
- Follow directions from a supervisor
- Understand and follow work rules and procedures
- Accept constructive feedback
- Team player
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office materials and supplies weighing 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate a typewriter, computer keyboard and calculator. May be required to operate a motor vehicle.
Attention To Detail