Quality Engineer Job Title Quality Engineer Job # US10328 Requisition Type Regular Function Engineering State/Province Wisconsin City Middleton Region US Posting Start Date Jun-11-2019 Division Information
Spectrum Home & Personal Care (HPC) Division participates on a Global basis in small electric appliances, shave/groom appliances and beauty appliances. Our well- known brands include George Foreman®, Black+Decker®, Farberware®, Breadman®, Juiceman®, Russell Hobbs® and Remington®. Our products appeal to consumer trends for healthy eating, stay-at-home cooking, creating today's new hair style and much more. We distinguish our product offerings from the competition by employing forward thinking, innovative technologies matched with a strong understanding of consumer needs to bring to market high quality, superior products that delight the end user.
Responsibilities include playing a key role as a member of the quality systems department. Supporting the Product Development Teams to drive quality into product designs and working with R&D groups, warranty analysis technicians and our manufacturing partners to drive continuous improvement to products. This position interfaces with our PEC, China office.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in cross-functional teams at various levels of the development cycle as the quality systems representative. Work independently and with project team members from NPD to develop design control deliverables including quality plans, manufacturing and inspection documentation, test methods, and device history.
- Develop and implement test and inspection processes for incoming finished products, including all necessary validation and qualification activities.
- Complete product qualifications by reviewing/enforcing developed performance and regulatory standards. Initiate and coordinate product quality standards, policies and testing.
- Provide data analysis based on customer returns and warrant requests to the NPD, Consumer Services team and others when required. Utilize the data to determine changes needed in quality procedures, work instructions and performance specifications.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts as well as corrective action activities. Meet company and departmental goals in the continuous improvement of all products, services and processes. Develop, implement and maintain equipment files and associated documentation including: installation, operational and process qualification protocols/reports and calibration/preventive maintenance documents.
Education and Experience Profile
- Perform document control activities including processing, review, and approval of DCOs, and filing of quality records including inspection and device history records and design history files.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial)
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing or 6 Sigma methodologies preferred
- 1-3 Years’ Experience in a Consumer Product Quality organization preferred
- Knowledge/experience with quality improvement techniques, including SPC, PDCA and structured problem solving techniques
- Excellent communication skills, critical thinking and problem solving skills, including previous experience leading problem solving groups.
- Experience managing projects and use of related project management software.
- Excellent understanding of data analysis tools including Excel, MS Access and Minitab.
- Ability to travel
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Total Quality Management
Provide Technical Guidance
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: US10328
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Spectrum Brands Holdings, a member of the Russell 1000
View the full profile
Index, is a global consumer products company offering a broad portfolio of
leading brands focused on driving innovation and providing exceptional customer
service. The Company is a leading supplier of residential locksets, residential
builders’ hardware, plumbing, shaving and grooming products, personal care
products, small household appliances, specialty pet supplies, lawn and garden,
home pest control products, and personal insect repellents. Helping to meet the
needs of consumers worldwide, our Company offers a wide portfolio of
market-leading, well-known and widely trusted brands including Kwikset®,
Weiser®, Baldwin®, National Hardware®, Pfister®, Remington®, George Foreman®,
Russell Hobbs®, Black+Decker®, Tetra®, Marineland®, GloFish®, Nature’s
Miracle®, Dingo®, 8-in-1®, FURminator®, IAMS® and Eukanuba® (Europe only),
DreamBone®, SmartBones®, Digest-eeze™, Healthy-Hide®, Littermaid®,
Spectracide®, Cutter®, Repel®, Hot Shot®, Black Flag® and Liquid Fence®. Based
in Middleton, Wisconsin, Spectrum Brands generated fiscal 2018 net sales of
approximately $3.8 billion.