In this position you will be responsible for the following: Perform microbiological assays using different methods: streak plating, gram staining, spread plating, membrane filtration, and various identification methods; Prepare, characterize, and enumerate stocks of bacterial strains; Execute filtration tests to characterize and assess bioburden on internally supplied parts; Review and report routine microbiological results; Contribute to method development and validation; Perform microbiological assays independently and in collaboration with team members.
Who You Are:
• Bachelor's degree in microbiology, biology, biochemistry or related science with 2+ years laboratory experience
• Skilled in aseptic technique and bacterial enumeration and assay methods
• Ability to work with biological materials under BSL-2 biosafety laboratory practices
• Experience with Microsoft applications including data manipulation in Excel
• Experience in performing quantitative data analysis
• Team player, ability to work in varied, fast-paced environment
• Strong organizational and excellent communication skills
• Ability to lift 35-40 lb.
• Experience with Client filtration products would be a plus
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Some flexibility in work hours
• Experience in cGMP or GLP environments preferred
Basic Life Support