To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Calumet Specialty Products partners, L.P. is a leading independent producer of high-quality, specialty hydrocarbon products. Our product lines include both naphthenic and paraffinic oils, aliphatic solvents, synthetic lubricants, asphalt, fuels, white mineral oils, waxes, petroleum and hydrocarbon gels. Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. has one of the most diverse specialty hydrocarbon capabilities in the world.
Want to learn more? Go to www.calumetspecialty.com to learn all about our amazing line of products.
PURPOSE AND ROLE:
This is an advanced engineering opportunity position for employees for future company
advancement which requires providing the organization with technical expertise
on all aspects of process design and processing techniques used by the refinery
to ensure the following:
- Utilize process design techniques to optimize unit design for assigned projects.
- Implement safety, environmental consciousness, and reliability into unit designs.
- Adopt principles of continuous improvement to drive out waste and inefficiency and enhance profitability.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs advanced engineering calculations (i.e., mass balances, energy balances, conversion calculations) to optimize equipment design and insure product quality.
- Gathers, analyzes, and interprets unit test data to assist in troubleshooting operating problems and developing revised process designs.
- Generates and maintains an informational database on pertinent process variables for troubleshooting and optimization.
- Makes recommendations to improve unit yield and/or optimize energy consumption.
- Initiates and justifies new projects, additional monitoring, and improvements to the unit.
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields as part of optimizing the process design.
- Requires the use of advanced techniques and modification and extension of theories and practices of the field and related sciences and disciplines.
- Consults with manager concerning unusual problems and developments including development of design changes.
- Develops and evaluates plans and criteria for a variety of projects within his/her responsibility area.
- Assesses the feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering evaluation tests, products, or equipment.
- Performs as a staff advisor and consultant to a technical specialty, a type of facility or equipment, or a program function.
- Maintains awareness of all Safety, Health and Environmental issues that impact the refinery unit design and personnel.
- Evaluates the economic feasibility of projects assigned and provides Process Engineering services during engineering, construction, and start-up of projects.
- May provide Process Engineering support during turnarounds.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering required.
- Preferred three years of experience in petroleum refinery process engineering, operations, and maintenance positions, experience in lube operation preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Good communications skills required, ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
procedures manuals required.
- Process simulation experience a plus.
- Proficient user of MS Office Suite.
- Capable of demonstrating the necessary leadership that will make this individual successful in this role.
- Effective team skills that will make this individual successful in this role.
- Capability of working with all levels of the organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
- Pay Type Salary