Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services-from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance-with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Our Core Values
Every decision we make is guided by our core values. By upholding these six principles, we support our clients, employees, and community. They are the compass we follow as we continue to grow our business and lead the industry.
Quality - We provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement.
Accountability - Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect.
Our People - We value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding.
Our Clients - We deliver value and exceed our clients' expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication.
Innovation - Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world.
Meaningful Impact - We make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live.
This position will offer you the ability to apply and expand your knowledge of transmission line engineering including, conductors, hardware, insulation, structures, foundations and electrical principles to:
* Design transmission lines in the 69kV to 500kV range.
* Responsibility for cost analyses, development of design criteria, routing and siting of transmission lines.
* Responsibility for conductor selection studies, shielding, grounding and induction studies.
* Work with vendors and clients to specify transmission line components.
The position will also offer you the opportunity to:
* Work with a diverse client base and interact with the client and other project teams.
* Occasional travel for site visits and client meetings.
* Develop proposals and cost estimates for new work.
Dependent upon your location, this opportunity offers a generous relocation package.
Essential skills and experience:
* This position requires a BS degree from an ABET-accredited engineering program.
* Proficiency with PLS-CADD software to able to review transmission line models.
* 5 or more years of experience as a member of a project team in observing project schedules and budget constraints on diverse transmission assignments that have included the following: transmission line design incorporating code requirements, cost estimate development, schedule creation and coordination, the preparation of specifications for procurement of transmission line materials and construction, and liaising with construction and installation.
* Knowledge to verify/review right of way requirements, conductor sags/tensions, transmission line plan and profile drawings and construction documents.
* Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of technical plans, drawings, and models.
* Experience in writing and providing support documentation for engineering calculations.
* Familiarity with design codes and standards such as NESC, IEC, CSA, IEEE, ANSI, IBC, ASCE 7, AISC, and ACI 318.
* Proficiency with MS Office applications.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Attention to detail.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
* Have a current PE license or the ability to acquire one within one year.
* Experience in developing engineering proposals and cost estimates.
* Experience with scheduling.
* Proficiency with any of the following programs: PLS-TOWER, SAG10, LPILE, MFAD, ArcGIS, CDEGS, AutoCAD, MicroStation.
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.
- Arc Gis (Gis Software)
- Architectural Drawing
- Attention To Detail
- Auto Cad