UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
If you want to be a part of new growth within UnitedHealthcare (UHC) then this is the perfect opportunity for you. As part of our Individual & Family Plan (IFP) business, we are expanding our product portfolio to serve a diverse set of members and meet the needs our state and federal partners. This new opportunity and role will be a key player within our Product Management team and will lead the business implementation of key product intiatives related to system migrations, core product enhancements such as referrals & ID cards and other work as assigned. Interested applicants should be motivated by new growth opportunities, have excellent attention to detail, be able to collaborate across the organization, and have experience managing high priority projects.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead the business analysis of product enhancements related to system migrations to identify and clearly document new capability requirements
- Own and maintain annually the product source of truth for referral and ID card requirements
- Act as the product business SME for new product enhancements by communicating requirements to Capability Managers, internal and external stakeholders
- Apply systems thinking and identify downstream impacts of decisions and proactively construe alternatives
- Support capability mangers through the implementation of capabilities from capability refinement to launch & issue resolution by acting as the business SME
- Clearly communicate and navigate with cross-functional teams
- Support the creation of the test strategy, testing of capabilities and ultimately provide business sign off to move to production
- Build and own the product intiative’s FAQ documentation and communicate to internal partners. Maintain FAQ document as revisions are needed
- Serves as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues
- Create training content to deliver to key partners including, but not limited to marketing, sales, operations and service teams. Present training as needed to internal and external parties
- Evaluate current operating model of product initiative and identify opportunities for improvement. Work with teams to execute on improvements
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in product or program management role
- 6+ years working in healthcare related fields
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to breakdown and synthesize complex issues
- Experience working with business owners (managing expectations, managing delivery dates)
- Experience working in a matrixed environment
- Results-oriented individual with strong influencing, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize deliverables
- Clear communicator
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master’s degree in business, public health
- Individual Market, Medicaid, or Commercial insurance experience with knowledge of state & federal regulatory requirements
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.