UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
UnitedHealthcare is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
In providing consumer-oriented health benefit plans to millions of people; our goal is to create higher quality care, lower costs and greater access to health care. Join us and you will be empowered to achieve new levels of excellence and make a profound and personal impact as you contribute to new innovations in a vital and complex system.
The Chief Financial Officer is a senior leader that supports the success of the market by serving as the financial advisor and business partner to the Colorado Market CEO, the Market Senior Leadership Team, and the Regional CFO. The Market CFO will have managerial and executive oversight for all aspects surrounding the financial planning, reporting and analysis of the health plan. The Market CFO will also provide input regarding the operations of the health plan to monitor the execution of the market strategies.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Partner with the market and regional leadership teams to establish profitable and sustainable, market growth
- Support development of competitive and affordable products in all lines of business
- Improve sales & account management performance across each line of business
- Partner with senior leaders on the creation and execution of the business plan
- Continue to improve medical cost structure including partnering on development and execution of Affordability Initiatives and providing support to negotiation of Network Contracts
- Establish operating cost efficiency, including all controllable and distribution expenses
- Lead in completion of market forecasts (membership, P&L financial, scenario modeling) across shared service functions (Sales, UW, Actuarial Pricing, Corporate Finance)
- Identify market financial risks & opportunities and develop strategies to mitigate risk and leverage opportunities
- Support market case specific underwriting and pricing decisions across each line of business and geography to optimize pricing/growth
- Develop internal relationships with the market, region, and national teams, including Actuarial Pricing, Underwriting, Health Care Economics, Network Pricing, Sales, Regional Finance, and Corporate Finance to achieve market/regional goals.
- Lead strategic projects that have an impact inside and outside of Finance
- Influence actions of peers inside and outside of Finance, Market or Region
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree, with accounting and/or finance or MBA preferred
- 7+ years of relevant financial and operational management experience
- 3 + years of health care finance experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Exceptional financial acumen and P&L management skills
- Excellent data analysis skills with the demonstrated ability to turn analysis into action
- Ability to anticipate accounting, financial reporting, forecasting, and operational issues, assess their implications to the business, determine their impact and develop and implement an appropriate action plan
- Executive verbal and written communication; concise description of complex issues
- Entrepreneurial spirit; always looking for opportunities to improve and grow the business
- Ability to work in a matrix environment with a solid ability to positively influence other functional areas
- Solid work ethic, independence and dependability; takes on broad new challenges
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.