We are excited to welcome a Customer Support Representative to our beautiful office in Tampa, FL.
As a Customer Support Representative, you will be responsible for interacting with customers (merchants), Independent Sales Organizations, (ISO's), Independent Business Analysts (IBA's), Sales Agents, Alliance Partners and vendors on behalf of EVO Payments, Inc. This position is also responsible for providing information about products and services, answers billing questions, researching caller complaints, and providing Tier 1 support for equipment related inquiries. This position also plays an important role in establishing and maintaining the company's reputation by maintaining professionalism at all times.
Schedule: Our call center is open from 8:00 am – 9:00 pm, although shifts vary, you must be available to work until 9:00 pm, if assigned that shift, and one Saturday every 2-3 months.
What you’ll do:
- Confer with merchants, ISO’s, IBA’s, Sales Agents, Alliance Partners, Vendors and Internal Departments by telephone in order to provide information pertaining to account inquiries, products and services or to obtain details of complaints
- Keep records within EVO CRM's of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken
- Research customers' service or billing complaints to determine what action needs to be taken to resolve their issues
- Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems
- Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation
- Determine charges for services requested and explain deposits, refunds, and or payments
- Identify opportunities for potential sales leads and upsells on products and services
- Recommend improvements in products, service, or billing methods and procedures in order to prevent future problems
- Maintain work queue and completing work items that are assigned within a timely manner
- Initiate outbound calls to customers that may require follow up for additional research with escalated cases
- Review and respond to incoming emails within a timely manner
- Navigate through Front-End and Back-End systems to research accounts
- Access and understand account information, billing information, transaction records, terminal details, and any associated account profiles
- Access and handle documents with sensitive information, in accordance with company policy
- Identify and escalate caller complaints to the appropriate escalation groups
- Use scripts as addressed by management to assist with call handling and reporting
- Understand Net Promoter Score metrics to achieve the positive response rate from merchants pertaining to Customer Satisfaction Surveys
- Maintain time management (i.e. clocking in/out)
- Complete job related projects and additional duties as assigned by management staff
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 2+ years of Customer Service experience (preferred)
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Strong verbal communication and active listening skills
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Problem solving and basic analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Basic understanding of CRM systems and practices
- Basic computer skills (i.e. navigating windows applications)
- Basic knowledge of MS Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- All applicants must pass a drug test, background check, and credit evaluation All applicants must pass a drug test, background check, and credit evaluation
Why work at EVO?
- Learn from and grow with a worldwide payments industry leader
- Enjoy a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package: 401k with match, generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision coverage plus health savings accounts and much more
- Thrive in a collaborative culture that supports innovation
- Take advantage of a supportive work-life balance
- Benefit from global career opportunities and advancement
EVO Payments, Inc. is a leading payment technology and services provider. EVO offers an array of innovative, reliable, and secure payment solutions to merchants ranging from small and mid-size enterprises to multinational companies and organizations across North America and Europe. As a fully integrated merchant acquirer and payment processor in over 50 markets and 150 currencies worldwide, EVO provides competitive solutions that promote business growth, increase customer loyalty, and enhance data security in the markets it serves.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employee assigned to this position.
EVO Payments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual preferences, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability or veteran status, or any other protected status designated by federal, state, or local law.
Complex Problem Solving