Turn your passion for helping others into a fulfilling career at one of New York City’s most respected disability services organizations.
Services for the UnderServed (S:US) is hiring Shift Supervisors to support people with intellectual/developmental disabilities in living their best life in a safe environment. Join our team to start your career in social services while learning from the best experts in the field.
S:US offers: Flexible scheduling boasts a 10-percent internal promotion rate organization-wide!
This opportunity is available at our program located on Van Buren Street in Brooklyn, NY so you can work close to home.
The Shift Supervisor will monitor and ensure that active treatment is provided to individuals with developmental disabilities ensuring consumer safety and respect of consumer rights.
- Supervise and instruct all Direct Support Specialists on shift
- Responsible for overall functioning of the facility during the absence of the Program Director and Assistant Program Director.
- Responsible for the physical condition of the residence including agency vehicles; ensuring they are maintained in a safe and sanitary condition
- Responsible for client and agency funds and expenditures during shift (petty cash, client monies, clothing monies, recreation etc.)
- Ensure appropriate follow-up to medication administration during shifts and after client medical appointments
Benefits Overview: We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance;403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Associates Degree required, Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum of three years experience in MR/DD or related field
- AMAP trained, SCIP-R trained, CPR & First AID Trained
- Valid NYS Driver’s license and must be able to pass insurance criteria
SUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Services for the UnderServed (S:US) believes every New Yorker has the right to lead a life of purpose. Since 1978, S:US has been turning this belief into reality by advocating for people with life circumstances marked by homelessness, intellectual/developmental disability, behavioral health and addiction challenges, poverty, criminal justice involvement, and trauma. Our dedicated workforce of 2,400 provides services and supports to transform the lives of 35,000 individuals and families in New York City and Long Island.
Solving Constraint Integer Programs