The Service Advisor is expected to:
- Protect the legal, financial and moral well-being of the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies;
- Be a support system to Service Manager to achieve maximum production and expense control;
- Be a teacher to support the efforts of other employees to be successful;
- Seek ways to improve business operations efficiencies and customer service.
More than 50% commissions on goods and/or services.
1. Ensure maximum production and customer service.
- Monitor repair order processes to maintain proper function of the service department.
- Oversee communication between company personnel ad customers to ensure accurate documenting and procedures are performed in a timely manner.
- Communicate with customers regarding time expectations and gather contact information for follow up.
- Ensure a positive relationship between dealership, customers, and manufacturer.
- Oversee adjustments on warranties for new and used vehicles.
- Maintain current product knowledge and train supporting staff on proper usage.
- Ensure clean and safe work environment at all times and adhere to all OSHA/EPA requirements.
- Maintain ability to handle job stress and effective interaction with others in the workplace.
- Follow manufacturer policies and procedures.
2. Develop employees.
- Communicate and enforce dealership policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate job descriptions and communicate expectations with employees.
- Be supportive, provide open work atmosphere that promotes teamwork and creativity.
3. Operate with integrity.
- Demand the highest ethical standards from self and others.
- Maintain composure within the workplace, or outside the workplace when representing the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies.
- Set an example of positive attitude and professionalism, including a neat, orderly and safe work environment.
- Resolve customer complaints and adjustments.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Two plus years of progressive experience in auto service.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Hands-on, team oriented committed to business improvement processes
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- Management skills:
- Ability to lead, take charge, and offer direction
- Critical thinking-using logic to weigh various approaches to resolve problems
- Negotiation-bringing employees or customers together to reconcile differences
- Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships to have constructive and cooperative working relationships
- Coordinate the work activities of employees
- Initiative-willing to take on new responsibilities and challenges
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proficient knowledge of Larry H. Miller Group's current company management systems.
- Maintain valid driver's license and MVR within company policy requirements
- Work performed in an office and shop settings due to necessity to interact with customers, vendors and employees face to face.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions precedent at that time.
- Exposure to shop environment such as noise, dust, odors and fumes, chemicals and adhesives.
- Required to lift up to a minimum of 40 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, talk, hear, use hands and fingers, handle or operate objects, tools or controls.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Required vision include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Required to operate equipment and move vehicles in a safe manner at all times.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
Leadership- the individual demonstrates ethical and followership behaviors which promotes Larry H. Miller standards resulting in a cohesive and effective team.
Compliance- the individual understands and adheres to all Company standards, state and federal laws and regulations as well as product pricing guidelines of all lenders, agencies or business partners.
Customer Service- the individual understands his/her role in providing excellent customer service through the defined Larry H. Miller processes which promote efficiencies, fairness and cost effectiveness.
Ethics/Integrity- the individual represents the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies by conducting his/her self in a professional and courteous business manner that demonstrates integrity and avoids the actual or perception of a conflict of interest.
Oral Communication- the individual clearly identifies and professionally expresses issues in positive or negative situations.
Planning/Organizing- the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
Quality- the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
Dependability- the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
Safety and Security- the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and dealership management reserves the right to do so at anytime. Employee shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.
Complex Problem Solving