Who We Are:
From Georgia. For Georgia. Since 1914 Yancey Bros. Co. has proudly served as the authorized Caterpillar equipment dealer for Georgia, providing our customers with the highest quality sales, parts and service. From Caterpillar heavy and compact construction equipment to on-highway trucks, generators, & industrial engines, we remain committed to learning more about our customers, offering equipment and support to keep up with their changing needs. This all starts with our greatest asset…our employees.
What You Will Be Doing:
As the Yancey Power Systems Engineering Solutions Manager, you will be responsible for supporting and acting as a reliable resource to the Engineer Consultant community, Key End Users, YPS EP Sales Personnel, and YPS EP Project Management personnel by providing timely technical information & presentations to achieve Yancey Power Systems electric power sales goals. This position will also provide Supervision & Leadership to the Project Management TEAM. As part of the sales team, the Power Systems Engineering Solutions Manager shares the responsibility with the other members of the team to act in a manner that ensures the continued growth of the Power Systems business in line with the Company’s strategy.
- Influence Key Consulting Engineers & End Users on all products and services provided by Yancey Power Systems through building trusted relationships, specification guidance, product sizing, product & industry technical knowledge, application and installation, and competitive awareness.
- Manages all aspects of the Project Management team, to include but not limited to, coordination of project management activities, continuous improvement, determining staffing requirements, mentoring employees, and achieving operational goals.
- Act as a “One Safe Source” for the Power Systems TEAM for technical information and application and installation guidance on all Power Systems products.
- Recognizes potential sales opportunities and works with the sales representatives, inside sales representatives, or sales management as appropriate to develop opportunity.
- Assist external and internal customers with the sizing and specifying of Gensets, ATS’s, Paralleling Switchgear, and other supporting equipment.
- Keep Key Consultants & End Users up to date with the latest power systems products through regular Lunch & Learn programs
- Seek to continually expand Yancey Power customer base by seeking out new customers
- Be involved and take leadership positions in all local engineering organizations
- Maintain a high degree of product and industry knowledge through factory programs, product updates, technical information, Industry Associations/Agencies, codes, applicable Federal, State and Local laws/codes, etc.
- Maintain comprehensive electronic and paper files on current and future projects and project history utilizing IMAC’s. Maintain customer report calling and contact list utilizing SalesLink.
- Responsible for the reporting and compliance to applicable engineering coverage marketing programs offered by Caterpillar. Generate other associated reports / documentation as required.
- Willingness to travel throughout and beyond the territory to accomplish position responsibilities including but not limited to factory, packager/assembler, various product manufacturer's, other dealers, meetings, technical events, etc.
- Work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and nights as required by workload and customer need.
- Demonstrate and promote Yancey Bros. Co.’s values of Safety, Integrity, Sense of Urgency Teamwork and Excellence.
- Perform other departmental duties as assigned
- Participate in required safety programs, and work in a safe manner.
- Additional duties as assigned by manager.
Who We Are Looking For:
To be successful in this position you should have a proven track record of success in influencing technical and commercial stakeholders and gatekeepers through building relationships and providing excellent product and system sales engineering support. Should also have demonstrated experience in leading people and a successful project management processes.
- A 4 Year Bachelors of Science degree is preferred, preferably in Engineering and 5+ years specific experience in the Power Generation market.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities acquired through receiving a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering
- 5+ years of application engineering or project management experience of diesel & gaseous engines, generator sets, paralleling switchgear, automatic transfer switches (ATS), or related projects.
- Must have strong human relations skills and the ability to work with people from all backgrounds and cultures, internally and externally, with appropriate influence and ability to resolve project issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proactive in the approach of taking care of issues before they become problems.
- High energy level, excellent organizational, and time management skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently with minimal supervision. 5+ years of direct customer contact experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of electrical and mechanical equipment and power generation systems (eg. diesel & gaseous engines, transfer switches, paralleling switchgear, and supporting equipment) ideally along with in-depth knowledge of the Caterpillar product line.
- Skilled in the Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and Adobe Acrobat business software
- A team player, cooperative, collaborative, willing and able to work easily and synergistically with others
At Yancey Bros. Co, we are always looking to add people to our team who share our core values:
- Safety: We value the lives and health of our team and customers above all else.
- Integrity: We are ethical and trustworthy, demonstrate respect for others, and communicate truthfully and promptly.
- Teamwork: We work as one across our organization for the benefit of our customers.
- Excellence: We strive to be the best, continuously improving our customers’ experience and the solutions we provide.
- Sense of Urgency: We respond quickly to customer needs and hold ourselves accountable for results.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate the following values:
- Acting in a safe manner
- Exhibiting honesty and integrity
- Acting in a fair and ethical manner
- Team mentality
- Delivering quality results
- Embraces change / improvement
- Exhibiting superior customer service skills
- Exhibiting pride and ownership
- Working with a sense of urgency
- Exhibiting a winning attitude
What We Offer:
Yancey Bros. Co. offers a full benefits package that includes aggressive compensation levels, full medical, vision and dental coverage, employee wellness programs, paid vacations and more.
Competitive Pay Structure
- Competitive Pay & Commissions
- 401k Plan Strong Company Match
- Employee Profit Sharing
- Financial Wellness Coaching
- Business Mileage Reimbursement
Employee Wellness Program
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Group Life Insurance
Personal Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Ongoing Training
- Advancement Opportunities
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)