To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2150 Penn Street Northeast
Washington, DC 20002
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Pharmacy Inventory Specialist
George Washington Medical Faculty Associates • Washington, DC
Posted 14 days ago
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for inventory and product ordering based on departmental need.
- Makes inventory adjustments as necessary and assist with any returns including outdated product, over shipments and recalls.
- Receives, prepares, and distributes all departmental orders for medications needed by all departments.
- Maintains proper and accurate records; include invoices and records for orders, dispenses, and returns.
- Responsible for proper maintenance and storage of all medical supply room inventory. Monitors inventory for out-of-date product and removes from inventory.
- Ensures compliance with federal and local regulations for inventory control.
- Preparation of compounds for clinic orders, in accordance with federal and local regulations (including labeling).
- Assists with the processing of all finances related to purchasing.
- At all times, maintains a courteous interaction with patients, visitors, departments and medical personnel.
- Refers medical related questions to appropriate clinical staff.
- Compliance with all established personnel and departmental policies.
- In coordination with the pharmacy manger, works with vendors and manufacturers on direct purchasing options for specialty medications.
Other Related Duties:
Provide coverage as a pharmacy technician in the MFA Retail Pharmacy.
- High school graduation required; two years college training is desirable. Completion of an accredited Pharmacy Technician Training program, with verification of certification is preferred.
- Two years of experience as a pharmacy technician in retail, nursing home, medical center, or hospital pharmacy is required.
- Two years experience in purchasing and/or inventory control is required. Strong organizational and problem solving skills are required; must have effective and professional communication/phone skills and the ability to manage a variety of responsibilities simultaneously