We are looking for a Concept Artist with a sharp eye and a deft hand to help breathe a fresh vision into a our clients' vision. Teamwork, innovation, attention-to-detail and unbridled passion are characteristics we look for in all of our artists. If you are a top talent looking for an exciting, high profile project to challenge you, this is where you need to be. The Concept Art Generalist is central in establishing the overall vision of the universe, working with the Lead Concept Artist to create imagery that will communicate the visual experience, excite the team, and help blueprint all the aspects of the game for content authoring. We are looking for someone to bring a world class understanding of composition and color, a strong ability to render exciting character, industrial, and architectural design, and a firm grasp of the practical aspects of content creation.Responsibilities
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Work closely with the Art Director, Lead Concept Artist and other Artists to define the look of the project, from global 'broad stroke vision' and mood to its specific, individual pieces.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the game universe and the constraints of the technology.
- Be proactive about seeking feedback and communication with the Art Director and other relevant departments.
- Create exploratory sketches and visual target illustrations of environments, props, characters, vehicles, and weapons.
- Create orthographic projections or construction guides for environments, props, characters, vehicles, and weapons, with an emphasis on contextually-appropriate form and function as well as material and texture.
- Assist the Art Director, Lead Concept Artist and other Senior Concept Artists in providing studio feedback during the course of production.
- Participate in regular team meetings.
- Bachelor's degree or diploma with an emphasis on Art.
- Shipped at least one AAA game title.
- Outstanding grasp of human and animal anatomy as well as industrial, architectural, and graphic design, coupled with strong traditional art fundamentals.
- Exceptional mastery of Photoshop, Painter, or other equivalent software.
- Ability to work collaboratively - The ideal candidate must be open to direction and able to embrace change.
- This position will focus heavily on *practical* design - a candidate who can iterate on and clearly illustrate how a weapon or vehicle or armor accessory should work will go far!
- Team Working
- Attention To Detail
- Graphic Design
- Concept Arts