To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Columbia, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Freight Handler Part-Time
FedEx Freight • Columbia, MO
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Transport freight across dock area to/from trailers for loading to trailers.
Click here to view the FedEx Freight Handler
Job Preview Video
1. Perform freight handling using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including but not limited to: forklift, pallet jack and hand truck
2. Verify documentation matches freight description (e.g. type, weight, hazardous materials), using current electronic or manual system
3. Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies (e.g. pallets, straps, rope)
4. Recoup/repair damaged freight when necessary
5. Verify and complete required documentation and reports
6. Assist customers with freight and freight documentation as needed
7. Perform hostling duties if required
8. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
9. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• High school diploma or equivalent, preferred
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Prior experience in warehousing, freight handling and/or fork lift operations preferred
• If hostler/yard mule duties required, experience preferred
• Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator
• Basic written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to lift/carry hand freight of varying weights several times a week, to lift dock plates weighing approximately 100 pounds, and to open trailer doors requiring approximately 75 pounds of lift force, up to several times per day or more
• Ability to bend, twist, squat, pushing/pulling freight throughout shift
• Ability to work independently and/or as a team member
• Previous dock/warehouse experience preferred
• Dock environment; exposure to varied weather conditions, exhaust, fumes, dust, noise
• Hours may vary due to operational need
• Frequent contact with service center personnel; fast-paced, deadline oriented