What you will do
Reporting to the VP, Global Enterprise Solutions the Sr. Director SAP COE will have full accountability for Global SAP ERP solution delivery and execution on multi-year ERP simplification roadmap. This position requires building strong partnering relationships across IT delivery organizations, business partners and business stakeholders and 3 rd party solution providers. Sr. Director SAP COE will be responsible for overall SAP relationship for JCI, driving transformation onto the next generation of SAP, S4/Hana. He/she will lead global team (including vendor partners) responsible for driving functional and IT process standardization, delivering SAP ERP solutions and integrating to other business applications which are aligned to enterprise architecture standards and principles, leverage common solutions and services that meet the financial targets (Cost and Benefits). He/she will be responsible for organizing and overseeing all phases of solution delivery driving and utilizing dev/ops and factory models. How you will do it
- Define overall SAP COE strategy and delivery model
- Partner with the business, functional, and IT organizations on understanding the vision and roadmap, align on demand and drive capacity plans and execution
- Define organization to drive SAP ERP delivery excellence
- Drive standards, best practices, and consistent delivery processes leveraging dev/ops, agile and factory models with a continuous improvement mindset and approach
- Effectively evaluate, organize, drive focus, organization health, and motivate employees
- Lead organization in an effective manner (hiring, motivation, retention, performance/rewards assessments, development/corrective actions etc.)
- Grow critical to JCI SAP and functional expertise to enable high quality delivery and efficiency
- Drive strategic resource planning and optimization, estimations, capacity planning
- Define and develop SAP COE technology strategy
- Drive technology innovation
- Develop, grow and manage strategic supplier partnerships (system integrators, software, etc.)
- Drive dev/ops and factory model to drive organization efficiencies and talent development
- Ensure 100% compliance with all regulatory and security requirements associated with SAP application implementation
- Define & execute data governance model
- Participate in and lead certain program steering committees as well as drive program governance
- Responsible for maintaining solution integrity through the course of the project including controlling scope, managing solutions for change requests and clarifying solution capabilities during all delivery phases, drive process standardization
- Support and comply with IT Systems Management (ITSM) processes and metrics (i.e. problem management, change management, configuration management, escalation management, release management, etc.).
- Participates in ITSM services negotiations and agreements that result in the creation of Service Level Agreements
- Establish metrics, goals and objectives; report department accomplishments and plans on a regular basis
- Develop and manage financial operating and capital budgets; perform monthly budget variance analysis; initiate appropriate corrective action when needed to control costs
- Drive continuous improvement and process simplification
What we look for
- 12 - 15 years of experience in SAP ERP which include 5 years of managing a global, diverse ERP teams and outsourced services
- 10+ years of SAP and large program implementation experience
- Functional expertise in Commercial, Finance, Procurement, Engineering and Manufacturing Supply Chain processes
- Experience in resolving complex business, systems, change management and program delivery challenges.
- Creative and innovative thinker with strong collaborative leadership skills to work in partnership with people relations and senior leadership teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and an ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Knowledge of agile, dev/ops and waterfall project management methodologies with p roven track record of successful program and project management and transformative deliverables
- Knowledge of ITSM practices such as change, incident and problem management . Preferably with ITIL foundation.
- Technical know-how of SAP and surrounding ERP ecosystems
- Knowledge to build and manage IT - business relationship, facilitation, communication and leadership skills with demonstrated ability to work with large cross-functional teams
- Ability to identify opportunities for business value and process improvement, communicate strategies, and champion adoption to achieve desired results
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and fully understand and adopt JC values and leadership model in daily management work.
- Experience in sizeable multinational corporations preferred. Ability to manage multiple regional projects effectively
- Experience on enterprise application platforms (ERP, CRM, eCommerce, SaaS applications, and cloud services)
- Excellent knowledge on IT solutions, new technologies and understand technology trends
- Good mix of technical/IT consulting and business background. Positive, collaborative and solution-oriented attitude
- Ability to supervise a large global team of working several parallel programs
- Strong English communication and inter-personal skills; ability to work effectively with global teams
- Ability to explain technical problems in simple terms
- Ability to work in a matrix environment with multiple business and IT groups
- Problem-solving skills – ability to navigate technology and organizational issues to complete project tasks
- Willingness to meet challenges, hardworking & able to work under pressure
- Willingness to travel globally
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Management or comparable field
- At least 7-10 years of management experience, preferably in the identified discipline of JC business
- 3-5 years or more business partnership experience with exposure to senior management.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law
. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou
Request For Proposal