Leading COMPANY's Transportation business in the Americas. Responsible for strategy, growth and financial performance of one of COMPANY's largest business segments, comprising nearly 7,000 professionals across the United States, Canada and Latin America. Provides leadership and strategic direction for all regions within the geography, while also serving as COMPANY’s industry leader, collaborating with peers in other geographies to provide global leadership, leverage technical expertise, ensure client satisfaction and implement best practices. A key member of the Americas Design and Consulting Executive Team.
COMPANY Transportation is the ENR #1 ranked firm in the delivery of planning, design and construction management services for Transit, Highway/Bridge, Aviation, Ports and Freight Rail clients across the Americas. We partner with leading contractors and COMPANY's Construction Services business in the delivery of design-build and PPP projects. COMPANY provides owners with a fully integrated infrastructure development offering.
This role can be seated in any major US city with preference in Washington DC, Los Angeles, New York, or Chicago.
EXPECTATIONS OF THE ROLE
Expectations, responsibilities, and skills required of this role:
Strategy and Growth
- Develop and execute a strategy to grow Transportation across the Americas and to position COMPANY as a leading transportation firm globally to expand gross margin backlog, sales, revenue and profit
- Continuously review market trends and ensure that COMPANY is well positioned to (i) capture a greater share of growth markets and (i) anticipate and respond timely to areas of reduced demand
- Build vibrant practices around core areas of existing and emerging Transportation expertise to (i) attract and retain best talent, (ii) enhance delivery through centers of excellence and resource sharing and (iii) increase competitiveness and margins by deploying technology/consistent methodologies
- Foster a client-centric business line and focus resources on strategic clients (both existing and new) that have the greatest potential for revenue growth, attractive pricing and long-term repeat business
- Builds relationships with funding sources, industry organizations, teaming partners, and stakeholders to identify opportunities and grow the business
- In collaboration with regional executives select and lead relationships for strategic partners for long-term, mutual business opportunities
- As a key member of the corporate Executive Committee and the Americas DCS leadership team provide strategic advice and counsel for larger issues
- Drive growth in gross margin and EBITA for the Transportation business line across the Americas
- Take direct responsibility for developing and executing the annual plan for Americas Transportation business and manage business development resources to deliver best acceptable return on business development investment
- Develop budgets and sales plans to support the strategic objectives of the business line and take timely and effective actions when necessary to bring the business line to plan
- Exercise leadership and oversight to achieve excellence in service to our clients and to maximize financial performance
People and Culture
- Foster an ‘agile’ organizational structure and culture to allow the Transportation Business Line to deliver large complex programs as well as provide high-value expert solutions to quality clients
- Ensure the business line has appropriate management and technical talent for succession planning and to assure its success
- Ensure the business line resources can operate at the leading edge of their markets in terms of skills and knowledge both technically and managerially
- Grow, maintain and nurture the safety culture of the COMPANY organization
- The ideal candidate will be an experienced Managing Director or Divisional Director of a top Transportation firm, with broad experience in both the private and public sector.
- Fifteen or more years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree.
- On a personal level, the candidate will be a successful, experienced leader of multi-disciplined transportation businesses.
- The candidate will have the confidence to lead and further develop a high caliber team to drive individual business to higher performance levels and seize the opportunities that the market presents.
- This individual will possess a track record of delivering excellent results in terms of quality of service, timeliness, profitability, and business growth.
- The candidate will also have a track record of creating a climate where people want to do their best through working collaboratively, empowering their teams to identify and solve problems, creating a clear sense of identity with the corporation, and holding teams accountable for meeting their collective goals.
- The candidate should be one who invests in building constructive relationships with others, sharing relevant knowledge and being seen as a team player.
- The candidate will have demonstrated the ability to strategically address growth opportunities and articulate evolving priorities for the business line.
- Revenue and P&L responsibility for $500 million or more per annum