Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Senior Manager, Card Acquisitions Strategy at our Tysons, Virigina or Omaha, Nebraska locations. The primary purpose of this job is to help drive card acquisitions strategy, in support of effective portfolio growth, engagement, and profitability. The incumbent will coordinate across stakeholders including Marketing, Decision Science/Analytics, Risk Management, Member Services, Operations, IT, Legal, Compliance, and external agencies/partners/vendors. This position requires a strong credit card/payments experience, plus a strategic and analytical background, which brings problem solving skills and broad innovative thinking to provide key insights directed at profitable credit card portfolio expansion and profitability.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage cards strategy with acquisitions channels areas, focusing on marketing effectiveness and channel optimization, with respect to response and CPA targets, inclusive of Digital, Direct Marketing,Financial Centers and Call Centers channels of distribution.
- Work with Decision Science/Analytics Team on effective acquisitions targeting, offer development, test & learn approach, and new acquisitions initiatives assessments.
- Engage with Risk Management to help support optimization of card-products-specific credit policy for acquisitions, for both targeted and untargeted prospects.
- Manage comprehensive market intelligence/benchmarking/insights and attain competitive landscape expertise, with respect to consumer credit card products’ market offerings and value propositions.
- Maintain industry documentation, analysis, and competitive reporting.
- Work with Marketing, Decision Science/Analytics, Risk, Member Services, Operations, IT, Legal, Compliance, and external agencies, partners, vendors, and service providers.
*This role is responsible for ensuring business continuity.*
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Marketing, Decision Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Engineering, or a related field is required. Master’s Degree in a quantitative or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of working experience in credit card industry is required.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of working experience relating to credit card marketing, analytics, market research, or credit risk portfolio management are required. Such experience includes but is not limited to portfolio performance evaluation, new product development, CRM/retention, and industry/competitive benchmarking within a financial services environment.
- Proven project management and executive presentation skills are required.
- Hands-on skills in SAS, SQL, Tableau, Excel, PowerPoint, and proficiency working with large dataset are desired.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis, including A/B testing, linear regression, and time series forecasting are desired.
This position will not directly supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at
- A/B Testing
- Business Administration
- Customer Value Proposition
- Data Analysis