Occupational Health RN - needed for a Long term Contract opportunity with Yoh’s client located in the West Saugerties, NY area.
Hours: 1st shift
Duration: ASAP – 3/27/2020
Top Skills You Should Possess:
- 5 years of clinical experience.
- One year of occupational health experience preferred
3 Critical Functions:
- Provide clinical occupational health nursing services.
- Provide disability management services and advice to employees and management to support employees, and ensure GSK compliance with applicable regulations.
- Management of GSK programs which require occupational health expertise. Examples include but are not limited to, regulated health surveillance, regulated injury and illness reporting, health promotion, maintaining EHS Work Instructions, quality assurance, and travel health
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Deliver disability management support for employees with disability issues and accommodation requests who are not on Short Term Disability. This requires knowledge of disability law close collaboration with employees, managers, STD case managers, HR and the GSK business regulations department to ensure compliance with applicable regulations. Direct STD case management may be required to accommodate business demand.
- Perform incident investigation on selected incidents which require nursing expertise. Participate in other investigations as requested by site safety personnel and/or management.
- Support employees with filing Workers Compensation claims for work related illness and injury. Communicate effectively with Broadspire Claims Managers to ensure mutual understanding of claim status among the employee, WC carrier, and GSK management.
- Deliver ergonomic assessments and ergonomic solution recommendations.
- Deliver travel health consultation in collaboration with NP/PAs, physicians, and in accordance with EHS Work Instructions and Medical Directives.
- Phlebotomy services for diagnostic testing.
- Deliver preventive health services in collaboration with GSK benefits and EHS partners. This includes personal health education, health promotion, health fairs, health screenings and safety training on selected occupational safety topics.
- Develop, maintain and deliver compliance with EHS Work Instructions and quality assurance processes. Work Instruction documents include specific requirements for maintaining privacy of personal health information.
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN) - preferred
Opportunity is Calling, Apply Now!
Recruiter: Tina Pugliese
Email: Email blocked - click to apply
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more URL blocked - click to apply!
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.URL blocked - click to apply to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process
Occupational Safety And Health