As an Area Vice President -for the Fluid Power Division of Applied Industrial Technologies, you will use your strong leadership skills to oversee subsidiaries, locations and our team of managers and sales people.
- Meeting sales and profitability targets for assigned companies and operations.
- Development, direction and administration of programs and activities related to fluid power operations, sales functions, and customer service.
- Formulate and implement policies and programs to establish and improve account and product opportunities, profitability and productivity.
- Maintain adequate field, industrial, and competitive contacts to anticipate or to keep current on developments in markets, products, prices, promotions, and other related fields. Evaluate their application and recommend policies and programs.
- Establish areas of responsibility for sales management. Anticipate or investigate problems and take corrective action.
- Direct management in developing sales knowledge of markets and product lines and ensure customer relations are maintained at a high level. Assist in major areas covering important accounts, make joint calls to key accounts, and close important sales. Consult with management and sales staff as to gaining better sales coverage in a given area and with a given account.
- Monitor pricing, purchasing and contract adherence for the assigned fluid power companies. Manage area inventory and receivables, expenses, inventory matching and accuracy, budget, profit/loss and sales. Analyze area results and implement changes as necessary.
- Work closely with purchasing, distribution, and accounting areas on matters of mutual concern and responsibilities; review schedules to maintain deliveries and commitments; discuss order status and inventory levels.
- Visit subsidiary companies to review sales, inventory, stocking objectives; meet with associates to communicate company goals and results.
- Maintain accurate, complete and timely records of business transactions.
- Prepare and monitor annual operating budget for assigned companies and operations.
- Participate in formulating and successfully implementing goals and objectives.
- Develop and maintain key supplier relationships.
- Work to improve gross margin, expense, and profitability metrics.
- Development and financial performance of value added services for targeted customers.
- Hire, train and develop associates following company standards and policies. Conduct associate performance reviews regularly, establish individual goals and ensure completion of relevant training.
- Communicate to associates specific duties and requirements of their job including Core Values and Code of Business Ethics.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business related fields, Graduate degree preferred.
7 to 10 years industry related work experience or equivalent
5+ years people managment experience
- Listening, negotiating, and effective questioning skills.
- Motivated, tenacious, and ambitious.
- Ability and desire to quickly learn new processes and systems.
- Leadership that values teamwork, inclusiveness, and a supportive environment.
- Ability to be flexible and react quickly.
- A positive and supportive attitude.
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied® provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to Email blocked - click to apply or call Phone number blocked - click to apply to let us know the nature of your request.