Our client, a national company that partners with federal and state agencies in regards to ACA eligibiity, has several contract administrative openings for Appeals Specialists. These position involve reviewing cases for possible eligibility:
- Issue informal resolution based on review of an appeal case by obtaining information from various resources, including utilization of the Income Verification Tool/calculator
- Analyze appeals data using federal and/or state laws and regulations along with technical direction, guidance, tools and standard operating procedures provided by unit or client
- Contact the appellant for more information and to clarify questions
- Write factual summaries available for the hearings by completing template form and gathering information from various document sources
- Find any errors during completion of template and correct errors to ensure timely processing
- Provide telephone outreach to the appellants to explain the results of the IR determination and respond to inquiries based on the standard procedure/process
- Perform other functions as requested by management within scope of level or provide occasional support of lower level functions as business and volume needs require
- Two (2) years of experience in healthcare or appeals preferred
- Strong attention to details and proven ability to determine course of action based on multiple sources of information
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel or Access
- Ability to type 40 words per minute accurately(can deviate slightly based on education/experience)
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Ability to successfully execute tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
Must be able to pass required screenings, skills assessment tests, and provide education and work verification.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: US5146KF_27514417
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
It all began when William R. Kelly—founder of the temporary staffing industry—established Kelly Services® in 1946. The company's traditional expertise started with office services, call center, light industrial, and electronic assembly staffing. Through the years, we expanded our expertise and established a proven record of successfully matching job seekers to opportunities in disciplines such as science, engineering, law, education, healthcare, IT, and finance. As a Fortune 500® company, Kelly® has evolved into a global workforce solutions leader, making employment connections for nearly half a million people around the world every year. Since our founding, we have embodied the true spirit of social responsibility. Our character and values resonate through our culture. Inherently—through our core business focus—we seek to improve the quality of life for our employees, their families, and their communities, as well as society at large. We embrace the role we play and the value we contribute to society—whether ensuring equal opportunity to employment, promoting safer workplace conditions, advocating for healthcare reform, or adhering to sustainable business practices. Together with our employees and our customers, we will continue to work toward ensuring that our legacy will remain strong for generations to come. For more than 60 years, people have trusted Kelly Services to help them reach their career goals. We are your proven link to employment opportunities that will pave the way for a successful future. Whoever and wherever you are—and with the right skills and attitude—Kelly can help you find a job, expand your career, and build your future.
View the full profile