Globe Life is looking for a Data Governance Specialist who will help with Data Quality and Data definition efforts within our ERP system. This person will work with stakeholders and end-users to understand their legacy data and identify data quality issues. This person will collaborate with IT teams to create holistic data quality scorecards for each system and will create a data quality roadmap.
Data Governance Specialist will help support the overall Enterprise Data Strategy initiative with a primary focus on the ERP-related data governance efforts including but not limited to data quality and data catalog. The candidate will have an understanding of various data storage solutions, including extract, transform and load technologies, and is able to collaborate with the IT team as needed. The Data Governance Specialist will work collaboratively with data engineers, data scientists, and business units to help solve their analytical needs.
- The primary responsibility of the Data Governance Specialist is to promote efficient, accurate records, and effective information management
- Knowledge of the industry best practices for data management and, data governance.
- Collaborate with the business and IT and ensure that data related requirements are clearly defined, prioritized, and well understood
- Defines strategies to drive data quality measurement, produce data quality dashboards and reports, and implement data quality strategies to effectively govern data and improve data quality
- Align data management practices with regulatory requirements
- Working with the business units, help solve data quality/availability issues
- Promote ongoing engagement of data stewards and data domain owners within the data governance infrastructure
- Develop and implement data quality standards, data protection standards, and adoption requirements across the organization
- Enforce data governance practices to uphold the value of the data access, within the company and external parties with regular audits
- Ensure compliance and support existing and future data governance policies
- Establishing procedures to perform periodic review and validation of user access
- Provide a bridging function to narrow the gap between the corporate compliance requirement and the business and operational need
- Provide technical leadership to enable the DG tools across the business units
- Collaborate with the data governance team members and develop training needs for data stewards and end-users
- Identify critical data elements, data quality rules, thresholds, and other business requirements.
- Build data quality assessments and measurement of critical data utilized and processes supporting the client expectation.
- Accountable for understanding and documenting systems, data flows and data quality rules-driven from the profiling and assessments of critical data.
- Knowledgeable in tools used to identify and manage structured and unstructured data
- Data Management, Data Profiling, Data Governance, Data Quality, Analyzing and translating the business requirement to functional & technical requirements.
- Expert using data governance technologies such as Collibra or Informatica EDC
- Defined and implemented information lifecycle management practices
- Strong background and working knowledge in end-to-end data management principles
- Strong background in developing and utilizing tools that prepare, extract and manipulate data to create connected datasets (data warehousing) that can be utilized for analytics purposes.
- Strong background and working knowledge of data quality improvements
- Strong communicator at the technical levels
- Experience in translating technical terms into business terms
- Experience discussing complex and new topics in a simple, easy-to-understand way
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
- Strong, demonstrated writing and presentation skills
- B.S. Degree in a data-centric field (Economics, Computer Science, or other science fields), Information Systems, Information Processing or engineering.
- 3+ years of experience in developing and/or supporting the data management effort including business intelligence
- 2+ years of experience in managing the data as a corporate asset thru the utilization of Enterprise Data Warehouse or Data Lake
- 5+ years of experience in data validation or complex data-intensive analysis that utilizes data modeling, manipulation and processing techniques (SQL, Informatica, AWS tools, Python etc.) to ensure (connected) datasets are of high quality and therefore fit for analysis/reporting purposes.
- 2+ years of experience in working with a data quality tool
- Amazon Web Services
- Business Intelligence
- Business Requirements