Who We Are
Enel is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy and is consistently named one of Fortune Magazine’s “Companies that are Changing the World.” It is also one of the largest and most trusted energy companies in the world, serving around 70 million customers in more than 30 countries across 5 continents. The Enel Group vision is about Open Power. Open Power means opening energy access to more people; opening the world of energy to new technologies; opening new ways for people to manage energy; opening new uses of energy; and opening more partnerships. These are ambitious goals and we are pursuing them with the passion of more than 65,000 people whose brilliant work is based on our values of Responsibility, Innovation, Trust and Proactivity. At Enel North America, our businesses are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
The Market Strategy group within Risk Management and Strategy is responsible for developing company’s view with comprehensive analysis of North American energy markets. This includes developing and maintaining short-term and long-term forecasts for energy, ancillary services, capacity, REC and emission allowance prices. This modeling effort helps drive investment decisions for new renewable projects (wind, solar, battery, etc), hedging activity, and development of corporate strategy in NA.
What You'll Do at Enel:
Who You Are:
- Develop and maintain forecast models for various energy markets within North America which includes both regulated and ISO regions, Nodal and Zonal datasets
- Generate power price forecasts to analyze risks related to policy evolution, market design, renewable penetration, commodity price updates, and other core market fundamentals.
- Provide quantitative and qualitative insights using scenario analysis to support hedging activity and US market strategy.
- Develop and maintain a database of inputs related to market and historical information
- Maintain production cost model datasets, output reports, and market insights including implementation of the company view of the evolution of resource mix, policy, and system topology
- Support automation efforts for key model inputs and output reporting functions and coordinate database management with other staff
- Provide support to business development by providing market information and analysis in a timely manner
- Work with other members of the risk and trading teams in development of key fundamental inputs for both supply and demand side of each market to support hedging strategy for operating assets
- Summarize key fundamental changes in the markets and communicate the findings to develop consensus on the market view
- Stay abreast of the latest regulatory developments both at state and federal level especially related to the Renewable Portfolio Standards and market price formation
What You've Accomplished:
- Strong experience in data mining and working with large datasets
- Ability to work as a part of team and engage with other groups
- Willingness to learn and interest in power and/ or commodities markets
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to research and analyze complex problems and develop mathematical models
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Power, Economics and/ or Business, advanced degree may count towards some experience.
What Enel Offers You:
- 1+ years of experience in an analytical role at an energy trading firm, independent power producer, energy consultancy, ISO, and/or utilities. Advanced degree with relevant coursework may substitute for some experience.
- Experience with production cost modeling Aurora.xmp, PLEXOS, PROMOD or like model. Capacity expansion planning or integrated resource planning a plus.
•A rapidly growing yet well-established business, •Ability to work with employees from many different cultures and backgrounds., •Benefits and rewards that support the life and well-being of you and your family., •One of the world’s most recognizable and respected brands in the energy industry that believes by working together we can create a new energy era in which the world can become more sustainable., •Opportunity to grow and develop your career with the support and mentorship of senior leaders., •Various forms of flexibility to help you integrate your life with your professional commitments.
Notice to Recruiters & Staffing Agencies
Enel North America has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Enel North America will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Enel North America, in any capacity will be considered property of Enel North America. This policy is applicable to all Enel North America locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. Enel North America will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Enel North America is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Enel North America has facilities. Enel North America maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law. Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact [ Email address blocked ] .
- Business Development
- Commodity Market