Under the direction of the Lead/Primary Loan Originator, performs office or non-manual work directly related to the management or general business operations of PrimeLending and its customers and markets and promotes PrimeLending products and services to the team’s client base of realtors, builders, bank officers and potential and past clients. In addition acts as a liaison between the Lead/Primary and/or other team loan originators, in-process customers and branch operations staff. Essential Functions
- Markets and promotes PrimeLending’s financial products;
- Team Originators will not be subject to the minimum personal production standards for Loan Originators in order to qualify for a team relationship.
- Handles loan volume as directed by each team loan originator in a timely and efficient manner, while obtaining working knowledge of Company products as well as private and Government insured mortgage guidelines.
- Monitors overall customer interaction and interfaces with all parties involved on each individual loan from application to closing, including but not limited to counseling and pre-qualifying potential home buyers.
- Collects and analyzes information regarding the customer’s income, assets, investments or debts.
- Schedules appointments with potential customers for the team loan originator(s).
- Interacts and interfaces with all parties involved in each individual loan transaction from application to closing.
- Obtains all necessary support documents including the appropriate fees and collects additional documents and promptly communicating loan status to all interested parties. Obtains remaining or uncollected loan documentation after closing.
- Negotiates terms and conditions of loans with customers.
- Stays abreast of changes in rules and regulations pertaining to private and government insured mortgages.
- Maintains a professional image and adheres to standards consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Meets customer service standards as outlined by management.
- Other functions as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent and appropriate licenses as required by state.
- One to two years of sales or mortgage banking experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and current automobile liability insurance.
- Interacts with regional & corporate departments, as well as realtors, sales agents, builders, appraisers, etc.
- Demonstrated judgment and decision making ability. Excellent and effective presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- An ability to quickly assess and process large amounts of information, and must be able to use designated technology.
- Must continue to expand knowledge of issues influencing the industry and the organization.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented and possess ability to prioritize work load based on loan volume.
- Must be proficient in required origination technology and use of other office equipment.
- Must maintain confidentiality of borrower and/or company information.
*In accordance with U.S. Department of Labor Regulation Part 541–Exemptions under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Section 13(a)(1) employees who meet certain tests will qualify for Exempt Status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals in, or assigned to, the above position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required, and may be changed at the discretion of the Company. About the Company
Since its inception in 1986, PrimeLending has remained laser-focused on guiding homeowners through financing the purchase, renovate, or refinance of a home. With approximately 1,250 loan officers located in branches throughout the U.S., PrimeLending lends in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Offering more than 400 loan products, including 15 renovation loan solutions, the company provides an unmatched array of options capable of serving the needs of a wide range of customers.
PrimeLending’s culture is built around one simple belief – investing in their talented, dedicated employees. They offer a competitive compensation/benefits package and a fun, professional culture and work environment… the people are fantastic! PrimeLending consistently ranks on Fortune’s Best Workplaces lists as well as the Dallas Morning News Top Employers list. PrimeLending is led by a strong, experienced executive leadership team, and is a stable, well-capitalized organization that is poised for continuous growth and expansion.
- We offer a competitive compensation/benefits package and a fun, professional culture and work environment… the people are fantastic!
- National Mortgage Company founded in 1986 and headquartered in Dallas, Texas
- A subsidiary of PlainsCapital Bank, PrimeLending is owned by a financially strong public parent company, Hilltop Holdings (NYSE: HTH)
- #23 in Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021, Fortune and Great Place To Work
- #24 in Best Workplaces in Texas™ 2021, Fortune and Great Place To Work
- #16 in Fortune Best Workplaces for Women™ 2020, Fortune and Great Place To Work
- #29 in Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021, Fortune and Great Place To Work
- #33 in Great Place to Work's Best Workplaces for Parents™ 2020, Great Place To Work
- #6 Top 100 Places to Work 2020, Dallas Morning News Top Workplaces
- 97% of Employees say “it’s a great place to work” compared to 59% at typical U.S.-based companies, 2020 Great Place to Work
- 2020 Community Champion, MBA Foundation
- 10th in top retail volume, Scotsman Guide 2020
- 16th in top overall volume, Scotsman Guide 2020
- 2021 Best-in-Class Lender Award - Online Tools, MortgageSATTM
- 2021 Best-in-Class Lender Award - Application Process, MortgageSATTM
- Mortgage Loans