To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Oklahoma City, OK
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Route Service Rep - Evening Shift
Quest Diagnostic Health and Wellness • Oklahoma City, OK
Posted 2 months ago
DLO Duties and Requirements:
Main Duties: Primary duty is to perform basic route services
as required. Pick up specimens and verify, within established parameters, that the test requisitions have been filled out correctly and that the specimens have been submitted properly.
Deliver specimens to designated laboratory/distribution site using appropriate handling, storage, and transportation methods, including the use of transport containers, dry ice, cold packs, etc., to maintain specimen integrity. Establish and maintain positive client relations. Complete and submit all administrative forms such as daily route logs, Client Concern forms, supply requisitions and special transportation forms. Help with the packing of specimens for transport to the Core
Laboratory. Maintain compliance with all safe driving regulations and vehicle maintenance procedures as established by government agencies and company policies. Adhere to DLO policies and procedures, including attendance, compliance and safety.
Required Experience: Proficient in verbal communication with internal and external contacts. Customer oriented with excellent interpersonal skills. Previous Medical Laboratory experience is a plus.
Special Requirement: Valid drivers license with a good driving record. Participates in growth and development of the department. Reflects the company’s values in all aspects of performance. Must be a team player. May be called upon to perform duties other than listed in job description. Overtime may be required with business needs.
Quest Diagnostics: Know that there are people behind the data. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
In Logistics you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, our Logistics personnel are critical to the people we serve – your fast, safe and efficient transportation is an important step in diagnoses and treatment. As a career, it offers variety and a certain amount of independent working – with the added bonus of meeting and dealing with a variety of people in your day. Joining a diverse team, a Logistics role can offer you a stable, long-term career.
The Route Service Representative (RSR) is the face of Quest Diagnostics to the public, our customers and acts as an Ambassador for the company in everything he/she does. Everyday Excellence is a critical component in fulfilling this position requirement. This position performs day to day route operations by serving client needs with regard to properly tracking, sorting, storing and transporting patient specimens and other materials including but not limited to supplies and patient results.
The RSR is assigned up to a maximum of two (2) routes which may include:, Routine Route, STAT Route, Weekend Routes or Shuttle/Relay Route; Safely operates company vehicle to pick up, properly store and deliver specimens and other materials; and provides service to internal and external customers in an organized, efficient, and professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for compliance with all processes including and not limited to: timekeeping, attendance and punctuality, vehicle safety and cleanliness, safety and OSHA requirements, handheld /scanning device and usage, proper handling and storage of all samples from the client office to the drop off point, proper packing of specimens for shipment, end of day vehicle checks, dress code, code of conduct and all Company / Regional / Logistics policies and procedures.
2. Responsible for the safe and timely transportation of specimens, supplies, reports, equipment and materials to the appropriate destination.
3. Responsible for operating company vehicle safely as well as maintaining a valid driver’s license and driving record within acceptable company guidelines.
4. Ensure route is started with proper equipment tools. i.e., route scanner sync/paper logs, carry bag, properly prepared coolers for 3 separate thermal storage, dry ice, cell phone, keys, door hangers, observation reports, etc.
5. Follow route as scheduled/sequenced while allowing for will-call stops and special pickups.
6. Maintain specimen integrity at all times, including the utilization of specimen carry bag to transport specimens from client office/lock box to vehicle by temperature.
7. Follow all scan/documentation requirements including but not limited to tissue/irreplaceable and frozen tracking processes.
8. Place “Door Hanger” for will-call clients with no specimens out. Place “Door Hanger” for Daily clients who regularly provide specimens but none are available at scheduled pick up. The RSR is required to notify their Supervisor and/or Team Leader of service issue for a next morning follow up.
9. Communicate with Dispatch before leaving an area to ensure will-calls have been cleared.
10. Keep route information, sequencing and all client notes up to date.
11. Attendance and punctuality in meetings and training sessions.
12. Meet all training requirements in a timely manner as assigned.
13. Properly care for and maintain company equipment including scanners, telephones, vehicles etc... Communicate any deficiencies with equipment.
14. Document and provide appropriate client satisfaction information to Logistics Management.
15. Maintain professionalism and a service orientation with clients using Everyday Excellence and the Five Guiding Principles.
16. Demonstrate Everyday Excellence in the Quest Behaviors; Agility, Customer Focus, Transparency, United as One Team and Performance Oriented.
17. Other duties as defined by Logistics Management.