Position Description: Provide overall leadership and management for all Pre-Engineered Metal Building (PEMB) activities. Take ownership of and responsibility for producing PEMB Plan targets, while setting the image, demonstrating the core values and implementing the Company’s standards of business conduct.
Reports To: Operations Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
• Lead and manage PEMB activities
• Develop a PEMB Business Plan and strategy based upon consideration of the market, organizational capabilities and competition. Create contingency plans for the unexpected.
• Using the PEMB Business Plan as a guideline, develop and implement the Annual PEMB Profit Plan. Establish a system to reevaluate the Plan as necessary in order to achieve stated goals.
• Ensure strict adherence to safety, ethics and compliance requirements throughout the division.
• Develop sales strategies and generate new sales along with participation in pursuits, meetings, presentations, etc.
• Respond to PEMB proposals.
• Establish meaningful and long-term relationships with present and potential future clients in the division.
• Establish communication protocols to ensure that information is shared throughout the Business Unit.
• Provide risk evaluation, contract negotiations, subcontract negotiations, fee and pricing decisions.
• Establish and maintain procedures to protect the financial assets of the PEMB Group. This includes overview and approval of all financial reports, compliance with Company policy and timely reporting of known risks.
• Identify and secure additional opportunities to enhance turner’s position by including all Turner initiatives in the business deal when appropriate.
• With assistance and involvement by business unit senior staff, become a good corporate citizen in the community and maximize Turner-controlled resources to benefit business goals and objectives.
• Ensure strict adherence to safety, ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
• Provide preconstruction and budget development.
• Oversee master project schedule.
• Ensure payments are received on time.
• Prepares complete analysis, estimate, and studies for all items incorporated in the PEMB assigned scope.
• Performs a constructability analysis through the identification of design and constructability issues.
• Develops a value analysis by defining alternatives to the proposed scope that are more cost-efficient.
• Serves as liaison with subcontractors, design team (architects, engineers, consultants) and client.
• Prepares a detailed estimate of entire scope of the PEMB trades and/or overall project cost.
• Prepares and assembles PEMB bids and proposals for different contract types (Lump Sum, Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP), Cost Plus, etc.)
• Analyzes existing site conditions and all contract documents (plans specifications, etc.) to determine any required scope that is not indicated.
• Prepares scope requisitions for assigned trades; coordinating with fellow estimators to eliminate scope gaps and overlaps.
• Works with Operations staff and fellow estimators to ensure that General Conditions and General Requirement items are properly addressed in the estimate.
• Obtains and evaluates subcontractor proposals relative to their scope of work. Determining if scope is covered and managing risk of scope gaps.
• Make recommendations for contemplated expenditures.
• Manages submittals and shop drawings. Assesses conformance to contract specifications. Resolves any conflicts in interpretation.
• Negotiates Change Orders. Manages information on changes in the Work; prepares an independent analysis, as required; obtains and checks estimates for the changes from subcontractor; obtains approval of the Architect and Owner; and resolves any conflicts.
• Oversees the close-out process. Prepares final records for the project such as Requests for Information (RFI’s), close-out records, warranties, as-builts, Operations and Maintenance manuals (O&Ms), attic stock, and spare parts, and evaluating information to insure compliance with contract documents.
• Develops reports such as General Conditions Items, labor, safety, Change Order logs and Quality Control.
• Schedules and manages subcontractor trade coordination meetings, preconstruction meetings and submittal review meetings
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of ten years of building construction experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Thorough understanding of the commercial construction industry and the markets in which the division participates including in-depth knowledge of the owners, developers, and architects within the respective markets. Demonstrated management leadership, the ability to establish a course or plan, proven interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate well – both verbally and in writing – to a broad range of contacts in the construction industry.
Physical Demands: Performance of the duties will occasionally require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as assigned. Where applicable, all activities will include disabled and veterans’ organizations.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor